On Mother’s Day my family served up some nicely grilled steak with some salad and nice crisp garlic bread. I love garlic bread. It doesn’t love my hips. But I had a few pieces left over and it inspired me to make this recipe the next day. A very simple chicken you can prepare in the morning and let cook during the day while you’re at work or out running errands.
Try serving it with rice, pasta or couscous or sliced over a nice salad!
Crock-Pot Garlic Bread Chicken – Whip It Up Wednesday
3 Boneless Chicken Breasts, Cut In Half
1/2 Stick Butter or Margarine
2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
2 Tablespoons Oregano
1 Tablespoon Paprika
4 Slices of Leftover Garlic Bread, Crusty Bread or 1-2 Cups Italian Bread Crumbs
- Melt butter in a sauce pan on top of your stove.
- Add garlic powder, paprika and oregano, stirring.
- If using bread, pulse slices one at a time in your food processor to make into crumbs.
- The amount you need will depend on how big your chicken pieces are so you may want to have a few extra slices.
- Empty bread crumbs onto plate or flat surface.
- Dip each chicken piece in the butter/spices mixture and then in bread crumbs, coating each side.
- Place each piece of chicken, one at a time in crock pot.
- Sprinkle with a little extra paprika if desired.
- If there is any extra butter mixture, you can add a little bit around chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for about 4 hours.
- Serve with pasta, rice, couscous or slice and serve with salad.
Time to link up!