If you need a recipe for a fun lunch, a party or get together or just dinner, this recipe for Crock-Pot Meatball Sandwiches is the ticket! Homemade meatballs are simmered in a homemade marinara sauce and then served in hoagie rolls!
Slow Cooker Meatball Sandwiches
One of my families favorite meals for weeknight dinners is meatball sandwiches. Everyone seems to love these homemade Italian style meatballs stuffed into a fresh from the bakery hoagie (sub?) roll.
For garnish you can set out a little chopped Italian parsley and a bowl of shredded mozzarella and/or parmesan cheese and let everyone top their sandwich to suit their personal tastes.
And for those of us looking to eat low carb, skip the hoagie roll. I just spoon my meatballs into a bowl and top with some parmesan cheese and eat them that way. These meatballs are so flavorful that I don’t miss the bread (too much!).
Slow cooker meatball sandwiches are also great for parties and game day get togethers too. Invite a few friends over to watch the big game serve up these super tasty and saucy homemade meatballs. Your guests are going to love them!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does! Let me know if in the comments if you try this recipe!
More Tasty Italian Slow Cooker Dishes!
Crock-Pot Meatball Sandwiches Recipe
For The Sauce
For The Meatballs
- 8 Whole Hoagie Buns Or Rolls
- In a medium mixing bowl combine together the sauce ingredients.14 Ounces Canned Pureed Tomatoes –6 Ounces Canned Tomato Paste –3 Cloves Garlic –1 Medium Yellow Onion –¼ Cup Finely Diced Celery –2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt –1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- In a large mixing bowl mix together all of the ingredients for the meatballs.2 Pounds Extra Lean Ground Beef –1 ½ Cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese –1 Cup Seasoned Italian Breadcrumbs –¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley –4 Large Eggs –1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper –1 ½ Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- Pour a thin layer of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Roll the meatball mixture into 1 to 1 ½ inch meatballs.
- Put one single layer of meatballs on top of the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Spoon a layer of sauce on the meatballs and continue layering until you run out of meatballs.
- Pour the remaining sauce on top of the meatballs, making sure all of the meatballs are covered in the sauce.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 5 hours or until the meatballs are fully cooked.
- Assemble your meatball sandwiches by splitting the hoagie rolls (if they are not already pre-cut) and placing 4 to 5 meatballs in the rolls, along with some of the sauce.8 Whole Hoagie Buns Or Rolls
- Garnish with a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella or parmesan cheese and parsley (optional) and enjoy!