Satisfy your families hunger with this deeply comforting recipe for Crock-Pot Sausage Stew. Italian sausage is cooked with beans & pasta for a filling meal that is frugal and super tasty!
Slow Cooker Sausage Stew
This is adapted from a recipe I got years ago on the back of a can of Progresso beans. Of course, I have since lost the recipe and have been doing it by memory on the stove-top over the years.
I decided to convert the recipe into a slow cooker recipe and it came out fantastic!
I love this recipe because it is not only tasty but is is also super filling. The Italian sausage brings a ton of flavor and beans and pasta provide a lot of filler making this the perfect dinner to make when you need to fill up hungry bellies.
Mom’s of teen boys…are you listening?
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Sausage Stew Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Medium Skillet
- Cutting Board
- Can Opener
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- Large Pasta Pot With Strainer
What Type Of Italian Sausage Can I Use In This Recipe?
This recipe calls for links of Italian sausage, however if you would prefer to use bulk Italian sausage and cook and crumble it instead you can do that. I used sweet Italian sausage for my family. However, if you like you can use hot Italian sausage instead to add a little spice to your stew.
Can I Cook The Pasta In The Stew Instead Of On The Stove-Top?
For the best results I prefer to cook the pasta separately and on the stove-top, and then add to the stew right before serving. Cooking the pasta in the slow cooker can often result is mushy pasta which has absorbed up a lot of the cooking liquid.
Can I Use Other Types Of Pasta In This Recipe?
You can substitute the shell pasta for any of the following pasta shapes which are great in soups and stews:
- Elbow Macaroni
- Mini Farfalle
- Collezione Casarecce
- Mini Penne
- Mini Wheels
More Great Italian Sausage Crockpot Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooker Pizza Pasta Casserole
- Crock-Pot Creamy Italian Sausage Soup with Pasta
- Slow Cooker Easy Italian Sausage & Pepper Sandwiches
- Crock-Pot Italian Sausage Tuscan Bean & Kale Soup
|Italian Sausage Crock-Pot Recipes||Pork Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Pasta Slow Cooker Recipes||Zucchini Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Stew Crock-Pot Recipes||Italian Slow Cooker Recipes|
Crock-Pot Sausage Stew Recipe
- 2 Pounds Italian Sausage Links
- 29 Ounces Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 29 Ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilies (Such As RoTel Brand)
- 19 Ounces Canned Red Kidney Beans (Drained And Rinsed)
- 15 Ounces Canned Garbanzo Beans (Drained And Rinsed)
- 2 Medium Zucchini (Halved And Then Sliced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 Pound Pasta Shell Noodles
- In a medium skillet on the stove-top, cook the Italian sausages until done. Remove sausages from pan with tongs and cut each one into bite sized slices.
- Add all ingredients, except the pasta, to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the zucchini is tender.
- During the final 30 minutes of cooking, cook the pasta on the stove-top according to the directions on the pasta. Drain and add cooked pasta to the stew.
- Ladle stew into bowls and serve with a side of crusty Italian bread for dipping into the stew and some freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired.