In order to comply with FTC guidelines we are obligated to let you know that we make money from this blog.
Here are the ways we make make money from our blog. Just so you know upfront.
- Display advertising – These are advertisements found sprinkled here and there around the blog that show you image or text ads from various advertisers. We run ads from AdThrive.
- Sponsored posts – Every once in awhile we will do a sponsored post that showcases or mentions a product that we received for free and/or received monetary compensation. We will always let you know if a post is sponsored and by what company.
- Product reviews – Most of the time when we review a product on our site we are not compensated by anyone, we actually prefer to review products that we thought were intriguing enough to go out and spend our own money on and let you know how we like something. However, if a company comes to us with a request for a product review for a product AND we think you guys would really like to hear about that product, we may take them up on their offer. That being said…we are going to always be super honest with our reviews…good, bad or indifferent we are going to let you know upfront that someone gave us something for free and/or paid us to review their product. And we are always going to give you the 100% honest truth. If we like the product we will tell you, if we hated the product, we are going to let you know that too. And if we just think the product is so-so we are going to let you in on it and why. No company, big or small can buy a buy a positive review from us… but we hope you guys already knew that!
- Affiliate sales – We often include links to products, ingredients, equipment or services that we think may help you better execute a recipe or task that you can purchase online at one of our favorite retailers. That means if you click our affiliate link in our post and decide to buy that item we will earn a small commission off the sale. It does not cost you anything more when you shop through our links. Most affiliate companies pay us about 5% commission (more or less). And so we REALLY appreciate it when you shop through our links! Some of the affiliate companies we work with may include:
- Amazon.com (US, UK and CA)
- CJ Affiliate by Conversant
- eBay Partner Network
- Rakuten Affiliate Network
This policy was last updated 10/29/2020 and if we decide at a later date that we need to give this a update or add or delete something we will just update this here page and change the date to the date our policy was updated.
We really appreciate your support!