Try this Crock-Pot Veggie Sausage Stew for an easy dinner or lunch. Filled with protein and fiber, this one is sure to satisfy.
Slow Cooker Veggie Sausage Stew
Trying to eat more meatless meals is usually not too hard with all the meat substitute products they have out now. My family really likes beans too so I’m fortunate.
It was rainy and cold all week here so I decided to make a nice crock-pot stew but wanted to do something a little different. A lot of my soups and stews have tomatoes and I have a son who eats most anything – except tomatoes. So I decided on white beans and spinach but wasn’t sure what else I was going to add to this stew until I started pulling it together. Luckily the results were delicious. Amazingly enough, the broth tasted even better the next day. Enjoy!
Crock-Pot Veggie Sausage Stew Recipe
- 29 ounces Canned Northern White Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 12 ounces Vegetarian Italian Sausages (such as Lightlife Smart sausages, cut into chunks)
- 1 pound Red Potatoes (small, or regular potatoes cut into chunks)
- 32 ounces Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach (torn, or use baby spinach)
- 2 tablespoons Hot Mustard
- Garlic Powder
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Add all ingredients except spinach to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Stir well.
- Cook on low 4--6 hours until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add spinach in last half hour of cooking.