If you need a quick and easy side dish that goes with any meal, look no further than this recipe for Crock-Pot Creamed Corn! Only 5 ingredients!
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
I LOVE creamed corn, and let’s be frank…anything with cream cheese is a good thing!
This recipe for creamed corn made in the slow cooker could not be easier to make. It makes the perfect side dish for any dinner and is especially nice I think for taking to a potluck.
With only 5 ingredients… corn, cream cheese, butter, sugar and salt it really could not get any easier to make.
You can easily lighten up this creamed corn recipe by using either reduced fat cream cheese or neufchatel cheese, omitting the butter or using your favorite butter substitute. The sugar and salt are what brings this dish that sweet corn flavor and there really isn’t much in there. But play around with it and season it at the end to your liking!
When fresh corn is in season, by all means please use fresh corn cut off the cob (I love this handy dandy corn cutter tool) but if fresh corn is not available frozen corn works just as well. You don’t even need to thaw it or cook it. Just toss it in the slow cooker straight from the bag.
Additionally you can turn this recipe into a lovely Tex-Mex version of creamed corn by adding some diced red bell pepper and using a little bit of cumin. Oh my… heaven!
More Slow Cooker Side Dishes To Try!
- 10 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes
- 3 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 3.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 4 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes
- Christmas Crock-Pot Recipes
- Crock-Pot Side Dish Recipes
- Fall Crock-Pot Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Spring Crock-Pot Recipes
- Summer Crock-Pot Recipes
- Thanksgiving Crock-Pot Recipes
- Winter Crock-Pot Express Recipes
Crock-Pot Creamed Corn Recipe
- Combine all ingredients in a 3 to 4 quart slow cooker.16 Ounces Corn Kernels –4 Ounces Cream Cheese –⅛ Cup Unsalted Butter –½ Teaspoon Granulated Sugar –¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or until corn is warm and cream cheese is melted.
- Stir before serving and enjoy!