This recipe for Crock-Pot Applesauce Granola is delicious and made with applesauce and your favorite nuts. It cooks quickly in the slow cooker without needing to heat up the oven. Eat for breakfast with milk, top your favorite yogurt or just munch on as a healthy snack!
Slow Cooker Applesauce Granola
This is a recipe from Fake Ginger that is cooked in the oven. I adjusted it a little to what I had on hand and cooked it in the slow cooker.
- Blue WW Plan – 9 Points
- Green WW Plan – 9 Points
- Purple WW Plan – 6 Points
Crock-Pot Applesauce Granola Recipe
- In a small pan on the stove-top, add applesauce, honey and vegetable oil.
- Cook on low heat until honey is melted.
- Add the remaining ingredient to a 6 quart or larger oval or round slow cooker OR a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker. Stir everything well making sure the brown sugar is broken up.
- Add in liquid mixture to slow cooker and stir well making sure all of the dry ingredients are coated.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 to 2 hours, stirring periodically to prevent burning along the edges.
- Carefully transfer granola to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or waxed paper and allow the granola to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Linked up at: Chef in Training