This recipe for Crock-Pot Spinach Casserole is a fantastic side dish that is creamy and full of spinach. Serve with your favorite entrée!
Slow Cooker Spinach Casserole
Frozen spinach is transformed into a creamy and cheesy casserole that is the perfect side dish for any meal. There are only 6 ingredients in this vegetarian casserole side dish making it a snap to make. The cottage cheese and Velveeta make it just the right amount of cheesy. While the flour and egg let the casserole set up so that you can slice it and serve it!
If you have any leftover spinach casserole, it heats up nicely in the microwave and is great for breakfast or lunch the next day!
Slow Cooker Spinach Casserole Add Ins
Feel free to add in some extras to change the flavor profile of this basic spinach casserole…
- Diced Onion
- Minced Garlic
- Diced Bell Pepper
- Finely Diced Jalapeno Peppers
- Canned Green Chilies
- Chopped Cooked Bacon
- Diced Ham
More Slow Cooker Side Dish Recipes To Try!
Crock-Pot Spinach Casserole Recipe
- Add all ingredients to a 6 quart slow cooker.26 Ounces Frozen Spinach –16 Ounces Cottage Cheese –3 Large Eggs –¼ Cup Unsalted Butter –¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour –½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt –16 Ounces American Processed Cheese
- Mix well inside the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 hour. Open the lid and stir the mixture to help spread the melting cheese.
- Recover slow cooker and continue to cook on LOW for an additional 4 hours or until the sides of the casserole are starting to brown and the casserole has set.
- Serve and enjoy topping each piece of casserole with a little extra shredded cheese if desired.