Sweet and tasty Crock-Pot Sweet Honey BBQ Chicken Wings cooked in the slow cooker. Great to serve for a party or while watching the game!
Slow Cooker Sweet Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
This super easy recipe for Slow Cooker Sweet Honey BBQ Chicken Wings is perfect for serving at your party or while watching the the big game on TV.
With only 5 simple ingredients the flavor of these wings is out of this world with a sweet southern BBQ-meets-Asian taste that will knock your socks off!
Remember when cooking chicken in the crock-pot, frozen chicken leaves a lot of water. Thawed chicken will not give you as much water but will still give you some. But, for the best results use fresh never frozen chicken wings.
If you want the sauce thicker, remove the chicken and put the remaining sauce into a pan. Heat it slowly on the stove until it thickens to your liking.
Feel free to double this recipe too…because more wings is always better!
More Tasty Slow Cooker Appetizer Recipes!
Crock-Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Sink your teeth into this delicious recipe for Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Wings! Served as an appetizer or main dish, these wings are super yummy!
Crock-Pot Honey Garlic Lil' Smokies
Nibble away on these sweet & salty Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Lil' Smokies! Just 6 simple ingredients makes a yummy appetizer for your next party!
Crock-Pot Honey Garlic Meatballs
With only 4 ingredients, this EASY recipe for Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Meatballs is perfect for your next game day party or any get together where you want to serve tasty garlicy meatballs to your guests!
Crock-Pot Little Smokies + Video
Whip up a batch of these EASY to make Slow Cooker Little Smokies and serve them at your next party! There is only 5 ingredients!
Crock-Pot Sweet Honey BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot or larger slow cooker
- 2 Pounds Chicken Wings
- 2 ½ Cups Honey
- 2 Cups Barbecue Sauce (your favorite brand (we like Sweet Baby Ray's brand))
- ¼ Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce (use a gluten-free soy sauce if you are on a gluten-free diet)
- 2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat your oven to the broiler setting.
- Place chicken wings on a sheet pan and broil for 5 to 10 minutes until the skin on the chicken wings starts to brown slightly. Being careful not to burn them.2 Pounds Chicken Wings
- In a small mixing bowl , whisk together the honey, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, and garlic powder.2 ½ Cups Honey –2 Cups Barbecue Sauce –¼ Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce –2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Using tongs, add the broiled chicken to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and pour the sauce on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
[email protected] says
Donna Kinney says
Would it be possible to use drum sticks and or thighs instead of wings that have hardly any substance?
Lady Heidi says
Yes that should work just fine! You may need to adjust the cooking time because wings cook much faster than drumsticks and thighs though. Perhaps an additional 1 to 2 hours should do the trick.
Are the wings crispy at all after being in the crockpot for so many hours? I was thinking about broiling them for a few min at the end.
Lady Heidi says
Hi Tiffany, the wings are not crispy cooked in the crockpot. However if you like them to be a little crispy you sure can broil them for a few minutes at the end to get that crispiness you desire.