With just a handful of simple ingredients you can create this yummy side dish recipe for Crock-Pot Creamy Corn. Perfect for any meal including holidays!
Slow Cooker Creamy Corn
This simple corn side dish recipe transforms frozen corn (either fresh corn that you have frozen or store bought frozen corn) into a creamy wonder.
Milk, flour and eggs create a creamy sauce for the corn when cooked in the slow cooker. While butter, a little sugar, and salt add just the right amount of flavor.
This is a great side dish that you can serve any time of year and with just about any dinner you are making for your family. From a week night dinner to a more fancy family dinner like Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Creamy Corn Recipe:
- 3 Quart, 3.5 Quart, 4 Quart Or 5 Quart Slow Cooker
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
Frequently Asked Questions
When corn is in peak season in the summer I love to make this creamy corn recipe using fresh corn over frozen. Just simply cut the kernels off the cobs of fresh corn and use just like you would frozen corn kernels. To make cutting the corn off the cob easier try this method from Chowhound.
If you have a couple cans of corn floating around in your pantry that you are not sure what to do with, this recipe can easily be made using canned corn too. Just open the cans of corn, drain off the liquid really well and proceed with the recipe!
While I think this recipe is perfect just as it is, you can zhuzh up this creamy corn recipe by adding one of the following ingredients:
– Bacon – Dice up 6 to 8 slices of bacon and fry them up in a pan on the stove until crispy. Drain off the bacon fat and add the cooked bacon right before serving.
– Jalapeno – Depending on how spicy you want your corn to be remove the seeds from 1 to 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, dice them up pretty fine and add them when you add all the ingredients to the slow cooker.
– Garlic – My husband LOVES garlic so for a little twist I like to add a teaspoon of garlic powder to the corn. YUM!
Low Calorie | Low Fat | Low Sodium | Low Sugar | Vegetarian
This recipe for Crock-Pot Creamy Corn is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crockpot Side Dishes You Also Need To Check Out!
Crock-Pot Cuban Black Beans
Serve these healthy Slow Cooker Cuban Black Beans as a side, over rice or in a burrito bowl for a protein and flavor packed dish you are going to love!
Crock-Pot BIG POT of Baked Beans
Need to feed a large crowd? This recipe for Slow Cooker BIG POT of Baked Beans is for you. It is easy to make and feeds 15 people!
Crock-Pot Cranberry-Orange Chutney + Video
This recipe for Slow Cooker Cranberry-Orange Chutney is bright & zesty and goes great with roasted turkey at your Thanksgiving table. A must try recipe!
Crock-Pot Au-Gratin Potatoes
This easy and delicious recipe for Slow Cooker Au-Gratin Potatoes comes out so creamy and cheesy. The perfect side dish to serve on any special occasion!
- 3 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 3.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 4 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 4.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Christmas Recipes
- Easter Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Spring Recipes
- Summer Recipes
- Thanksgiving Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Creamy Corn Recipe
- 16 Ounces Frozen Corn Kernels
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs (Beaten)
- ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Add all ingredients to a 3 to 5 quart slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 to 2 hours or until the corn is thickened and creamy.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply