This low carb and Keto diet friendly recipe for Crock-Pot Pepper-Jack Chicken is a winner for dinner any night of the week! A super easy dinner recipe!
Slow Cooker Pepper-Jack Chicken
In my household we are big pepper-jack cheese lovers. I love the slight spiciness it adds to sandwiches and other recipes (like this one!) while my son Liam loves it so much that he eats it straight up by the slice or cube as a snack.
If you are on a Keto Diet then you are really going to love this SIMPLE recipe for Pepper Jack Chicken that you can make right in your slow cooker. There is just a handful of ingredients (chicken breasts, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, spices and seasonings) that are tossed in the slow cooker.
You let the chicken and veggies cook until the chicken is done, shred the chicken meat up with a couple of forks. Layer on slices of yummy pepper jack cheese and let it get all melty and gooey.
And even if you are NOT on a Keto Diet don’t think for a second this recipe would not be good. Because let me tell you, it is fantastic. It kind of reminds me of chicken fajitas that are just cheesy goodness.
In fact I bet this would be great wrapped up in a corn tortilla as tacos.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Pepper-Jack Chicken Recipe:
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily swap out the boneless skinless chicken breasts for boneless skinless chicken thighs in this recipe. Keep in mind however that chicken thighs are dark meat and as such have more fat and calories. So you will need to adjust the nutritional information accordingly if those macros matter to you and your dietary needs.
While the spice level on this recipe is probably at a 3 or 4 (on a scale of of 1 to 10) from the Pepper-Jack cheese if that is too much spice for you or you just cannot find sliced pepper jack cheese at your local store you can use slices of just about any mild cheese that melts well such as regular Monterey Jack cheese, provolone or muenster cheese.
This recipe is easily doubled if you want to feed a larger family or you want leftovers to eat for lunches throughout the week. Simple add an additional 1 to 2 hours to the cooking time.
More Great Keto Crockpot Recipes To Check Out!
Crock-Pot Pepper-Jack Chicken Recipe
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 Medium Bell Peppers (Seeded And Diced *See Bell Pepper Note)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Peeled And Diced)
- 8 Ounces Fresh Mushrooms (Sliced)
- ¼ Cup Unsalted Butter (Cut Into Small Pats)
- 10 Slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and season with the cumin, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Layer peppers, onion and mushrooms on top of the chicken.
- Dot the top of the vegetables with small pats of the butter.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked and is easily shredded.
- Shred chicken right in the slow cooker with two forks.
- Top the chicken with slices of pepper jack cheese.
- Recover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 10 to 15 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve and enjoy!