Low carb and keto diet friendly, this amazing Crock-Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup is made right in your slow cooker and tastes fantastic! Great for dinner or lunch any day of the week!
Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
I am one of those crazy people who love a bowl of hot soup all year around. Yep, even in the hot summer months I just find a bowl of soup to be magical comfort food.
But do you what else I love? Jalapeno poppers!
My husband is famous for this grilled jalapeno poppers. Fresh jalapenos stuffed with seasoned cream cheese, wrapped in bacon and cooked on the BBQ grill. YUM.
There is something about the spice, creaminess and smokiness that I just adore.
So why not take those flavors and turn them into an amazing Keto diet friendly soup?
Adding some chicken to this cheesy soup makes it a perfectly hearty soup that really is great any time of year!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Medium Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Paper Towels
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
Frequently Asked Questions
I would say that on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being super spicy and hot this Chicken Jalapeno Popper soup is about a 5. If you would like the soup to be less spicy simply add less jalapeno peppers and if you would like it to be spicier add more jalapeno peppers.
If you wish to have chunks of chicken in soup instead of shredded chicken you can easily do that. Simply dice the raw chicken into bite sized pieces (about 1/2 to 3/4 inch sizes) and add them to the soup and skip the step in the recipe that calls for removing the chicken and shredding the meat.
To thicken this soup I used Xanthan Gum which is a Keto diet friendly thickener. If you don’t have Xanthan Gum you can omit it but your finished soup will not be very thick in texture. But, it will still taste great!
More Tasty Keto Crockpot Recipes To Try!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup Recipe
- ¾ Pound Center Cut Bacon (Diced)
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 4 Ounces Canned Diced Jalapeño Peppers (Drained)
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Paprika
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 6 Ounce Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 3 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (I Used Homemade Chicken Broth)
- ½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (Divided)
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Divided)
- ¾ Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 Medium Fresh Jalapeño Pepper (Diced)
- In a medium skillet on the stove-top, cook the diced bacon, stirring with a wooden spoon, until crispy. Drain bacon on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the butter and saute the garlic, onion, bell pepper, canned jalapeno peppers, cumin, salt, black pepper and paprika until the onions are softened and translucent.
- Transfer the onion mixture into a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and add the chicken breasts and chicken broth.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken from the slow cooker and shred the meat with two forks. Return shredded chicken back into the slow cooker.
- Add the softened cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and 3/4 of the cooked bacon stirring until the cheese melt.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the top of the soup and cook uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes on HIGH to thicken the soup. Stir one final time before serving.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top each bowl with the reserved cheeses, cooked bacon and diced fresh jalapenos as a garnish and enjoy!