This recipe for Crock-Pot Marinated Greek Chicken is the perfect easy meal. Serve it over right or in a pita bread for a delicious dinner any time.
Slow Cooker Marinated Greek Chicken
This is an easy recipe to make that comes out with a great flavor. Serve over rice or in a piece of pita bread for a great meal.
You can also make this a quick freezer meal. Add all ingredients to a gallon freezer bag and allow it to freeze flat. Thaw the bag the night before in the refrigerator and then dump the contents of the bag into the crock-pot and cook.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Marinated Greek Chicken Recipe:
- 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart Or 6 Quart Slow Cooker
- Mixing Bowl
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Gallon Sized Food Storage Bag
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of the boneless skinless chicken breasts called for in the recipe. Keep in mind that the calorie and fat content will be higher when you use dark meat chicken.
We love serving this chicken inside pita bread but it is also good served over rice or couscous or tucked into a wrap or sandwich.
This recipe is an excellent meal prep recipe and can be made ahead, fully cooked, shredded and then frozen in either freezer bags or FoodSaver bags for long term storage. The chicken can be frozen for up to 6 months and when you are ready to serve it just reheat and serve. Also, this recipe can be made into a slow cooker freezer meal uncooked too.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Marinated Greek Chicken is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Great Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes:
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
- Freezer Meal Recipes
- Spring Recipes
- Summer Recipes
Crock-Pot Marinated Greek Chicken Recipe
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, thyme, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add the chicken breasts to a gallon sized zippered food storage bag.
- Pour the yogurt mixture over the chicken in the bag.
- Seal the bag and massage the chicken and yogurt through the bag to coat all the chicken in the marinade.
- Place bag in the refrigerator and let the chicken marinate for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
- Empty the contents of the bag into a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place all ingredients into a 1 gallon size zippered freezer bag OR FoodSaver bag.
- Place bag on flat surface and seal bag closed while pressing out as much excess air as possible OR use your FoodSaver sealing system to vacuum seal the bag closed.
- Label bag with date prepared, name of recipe, ingredients and cooking instructions.
- Lay bag flat in freezer and allow to freeze for several hours. At that point you can stand the bags upright in your freezer if desired.
- Remove freezer meal bag from freezer and place either in refrigerator overnight OR in a clean kitchen sink filled with cool water for several hours just until the freezer meal is partially thawed enough to dump the contents of the bag into the slow cooker.
- Cook according to the recipe directions adding 1 additional hour cooking time (in this case 5 to 7 hours on LOW from the partially thawed state ).