Let this smooth and creamy Crock-Pot Chicken Divan simmer away in your slow cooker for hours and then serve it over cooked egg noodles for a simple and tasty dinner that hits the spot any night of the week!
Slow Cooker Chicken Divan
Chicken Divan is one of those old fashioned recipes that is typically made as a casserole and baked in the oven. However, I decided to change things up and do a slow cooker version and let me tell you, it came out fantastic!
To make this recipe super simple I decided to use store-bought pre-grilled chicken strips from (such as Tyson brand). However, you can use cooked chicken breasts and cut them into strips or bite sized chunks.
Instead of combining the noodles in a casserole form I opted to make the chicken divan with chicken and broccoli in a creamy sauce in the slow cooker and then cook the egg noodles on the stove-top and serve the chicken divan over top.
This recipe was a huge hit with my family and one I will make time and time again!
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Cutting Board
- Can Opener
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Large Stock Pot (For Cooking The Noodles)
- Colander (For Straining The Cooked Noodles)
More Fantastic Chicken Recipes For Your Slow Cooker!
- Crock-Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken with Potatoes
- Crock-Pot Favorite Creamy Dressing Chicken Bake
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken And Summer Squash
- Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Crock-Pot Chicken Divan Recipe
- 12 Ounces Pre-Cooked Grilled Chicken Breasts (Such As Tyson Brand)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Peeled And Diced)
- 10.5 Ounces Canned Cream Of Chicken Soup
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 16 Ounces Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 1 Cup Chopped Celery
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 12 Ounces Egg Noodles
- In a large mixing bowl mix together all of the ingredients except for the egg noodles.
- Pour into lightly greased 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours.
- Right before serving, cook the egg noodles on the stove-top according to the directions on the package.
- Drain noodles and serve chicken divan spooned over the noodles.
Linked up at Little House on the Prairie Living.