Snack away on this fantastic recipe for Crock-Pot Cinnamon Apple Chex Mix. A slightly sweet treat that is just SO snackable!
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Apple Chex Mix
I love a good Chex Mix as much as the next person. While a savory and salty mix is typical I wanted to switch things up and make a yummy apple cinnamon version that was slightly sweet.
Making a cereal snack mix in your slow cooker is easy, and you don’t have to heat up the oven. So that means that you can make a yummy snack for your family regardless of how hot (think summer) or in your RV if you don’t have the oven space.
In this recipe I decided to use a combination of cinnamon Chex cereal and corn Chex cereal as they are both gluten-free. I am not personally on a GF diet but I have relatives that are. And knowing that I can whip up a snack to share with them is just nice.
I like to package this stuff up in a cute little container or tin if I am giving it away as a gift. But if we are just going to snack away at home, I just toss it into a gallon sized Ziploc bag.
I hope you give this tasty snack mix a try!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Cinnamon Apple Chex Mix Recipe:
- 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart, 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Silicone Spatula Or Wooden Spoon
- Wax Paper Or Parchment Paper
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe uses two types of Chex cereal… Cinnamon Chex and Corn Chex. The Cinnamon Chex cereal adds some really lovely cinnamon flavor to the mix, so I would not suggest substituting it in the recipe. However, you can use any other type of Chex cereal to replace the Corn Chex. Just keep in mind that if you are on a gluten-free diet that some of the Chex cereals do contain gluten.
If you have a nut allergy or just don’t like nuts, you can easily omit them from the recipe.
You can absolutely add other dried fruits to this Chex mix recipe and make it your own. I have been known to add a handful of raisins or dried cranberries in when I add the apples and it tastes fantastic!
Gluten Free | Low Cholesterol | Low Fat | Low Sodium | Vegetarian
This recipe for Crock-Pot Cinnamon Apple Chex Mix is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Tasty Slow Cooker Snack Recipes:
Crock-Pot Ranch Crackers
This recipe for Slow Cooker Ranch Crackers is a fun snack that you won't be able to resist snacking on! Perfect for parties or after-school for the kids!
Crock-Pot Chex Mix
Whip up this popular snack mix in your slow cooker with this easy to make Slow Cooker Chex Mix recipe! Perfect for gift giving at the holidays or snacking!
Crock-Pot Roasted Garbanzo Beans
Just 3 ingredients (chickpeas, olive oil & salt) & you have a tasty & healthy snack with this recipe for Slow Cooker Roasted Garbanzo Beans! So yummy & easy!
Crock-Pot Lemon Buddies
A quick and easy snack, this recipe for Slow Cooker Lemon Buddies tastes like lemon bars in a very munchable snack that you won't be able to resist!
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Appetizer Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Cinnamon Apple Chex Mix Recipe
- ⅛ Cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 3 Cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 3 Cups Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- ½ Cup Chopped Pecans
- ½ Cup Diced Dried Apples
- In microwave safe bowl, combine butter, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and brown sugar.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until butter is melted.
- Add both types of Chex cereal and pecans to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Evenly pour the butter and brown sugar mixture over the dry cereal in the slow cooker and gently stir to coat all of the cereal in the butter mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Pour mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle chopped dried apples over mixture and allow to cool completely.
- Store apple cinnamon snack mix in an air-tight container or zippered food storage bag for up to 1 week.
- Snack away, and enjoy!
nanci olsen says
Could you sun in Cinnamon Toast Crunch for the Cinnamon Chex?
Emilee @ CrockPotLadies says
Nanci, the recipe hasn’t been tested using Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but I’m sure you could! Sounds delish! Come back and let us know how it turned out!
there is a typo on the taco meat slow cooker says “us a notch” instead of “up a notch”
Emilee @ CrockPotLadies says
Thanks for letting us know, Nicole!