A quick and easy snack, this recipe for Crock-Pot Lemon Buddies tastes like lemon bars in a very munchable snack that you won’t be able to resist!
Slow Cooker Lemon Buddies
This recipe is the recipe that started it all…my absolute LOVE for Chex Buddy mixes.
Two years ago, I made two batches for a family gathering and it was a HUGE hit with the entire family. You see, my husbands favorite family dessert is lemon bars. And this irresistible snack mix tastes just like lemon bars.
With only a 4 ingredients (Chex cereal, white almond bark or white chocolate, a lemon and powdered sugar) this recipe could not be easier to make! And, if you like to include the kids in the kitchen this is a great recipe to have the little ones help you out.
You can use whatever variety of Chex cereal you like such as rice Chex, corn Chex, wheat Chex, etc. I personally like to use rice Chex cereal because it has a nice mild flavor that lets the lemon flavor shine through and it is gluten-free so I don’t have to worry about party guests who might have issues with gluten.
The original recipe for this lemony snack mix came from the Chex website . I just changed it ever so slightly and added in more lemon!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Lemon Buddies is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More yummy slow cooker lemon recipes!
- Crock-Pot Blueberry Lemon Cobbler
- Crock-Pot Lemon Squares
- Crock-Pot Lemonade Moonshine
- Crock-Pot Lemonade Chicken
- Crock-Pot Lemon Cheesecake In A Jar
Crock-Pot Lemon Buddies Recipe
- In a 6 quart or larger slow cooker add the white almond bark (or white chocolate if using).In crock-pot, melt white almond bark on low for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 30 to 40 minutes or until fully melted.
- Add in the juice and zest from 1 lemon and mix to combine.
- Add Chex cereal and stir to coat each piece of cereal in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Add the powdered sugar to a gallon sized zippered food storage bag.
- Spoon coated Chex cereal into the bag, zip the bag closed and shake and toss until all of the cereal is coated with the powdered sugar.
- Spread lemon buddies onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with waxed paper or parchment paper and allow to sit for about 1 hour to dry.
- Store finished lemon buddies in an airtight food storage container or bag for up to 1 week at room temperature.
This recipe is linked up at: Tuesday Talent Show