Serve up cute little individual serving of this delectable Crock-Pot Lemon Cheesecake In A Jar to your family or party guests for dessert! Yes, cheesecake in a jar…cooked in your slow cooker!
Crock-Pot Lemon Cheesecake In A Jar
Cheesecake is my Kryptonite and weakness. There really has not been a cheesecake that I have not loved. And I love making cheesecake too. Luckily I had some cream cheese in the fridge and set about making a cheesecake to satisfy my sweet tooth.
But I didn’t want to do a full cheesecake (because we already did that) instead I wanted to try something just a wee bit different.
I had made cheesecake in a jar before, but the conventional way, in the oven but moving it over the slow cooker was a easy idea.
Individual cheesecakes in a jar are great for various reasons:
- Portion control – less likely to eat more than one serving when they are in individual jars
- Portability – you can tote these fancy desserts with you. We totally packed ours up for a little picnic at the park.
- Gifts – what neighbor, friend, new mommy, or someone recovering from illness or surgery wouldn’t like a sweet and tart lemon cheesecake?
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – You can either crush your own graham cracker crumbs by placing some whole graham crackers in a food processor or a baggie and crushing them with a rolling pin or to save time I just like to buy a box of already crushed graham cracker crumbs. The box of crumbs is usually found in the baking aisle of most grocery stores near where the pre-made graham cracker pie crusts are.
- Unsalted Butter – You will want to melt the butter either in a small saucepan on the stove-top or in a small microwave safe dish. If microwaving it just go in 10 second intervals until melted to prevent it from popping melted butter all over your microwave.
- Granulated Sugar – This is just plain white sugar. This recipe has not been tested using sugar substitutes such as Stevia or Splenda. If you try it let us know how it turns out for you!
- Cream Cheese – Before making this cheesecake, set out your cream cheese on the counter for an hour or two to allow it to soften and come to room temperature.
- Eggs – Unless otherwise stated I use large eggs in my recipes. If you have other sized eggs use this egg size conversion chart to adjust the recipe to the size eggs you have.
- Lemon – For this recipe you are going to use the zest and juice of one medium lemon. Zest the lemon first, then juice it and discard or compost the rind.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 1 tablespoon sugar and mix well.
- Spoon graham cracker crumb mixture evenly into six (6) 8 oz. glass jelly canning jars.
- Press crust mixture lightly into the bottom of each jar so that you have an even crust layer.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer mix the cream cheese, eggs, remaining sugar and the zest and juice of one lemon and mix till everything is well combined and the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Pour or ladle the cheesecake mixture over the crust mixture in each jar.
Wipe off any drips with a clean damp washcloth or paper towel.
- Evenly space the filled jars inside an oval 6 quart or larger slow cooker and fill between the jars with water until the water comes up halfway up the sides of the jars, being careful not to get water inside your jars.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until cheesecake is set and only moves a little bit when you lightly touch the top of the cheesecake with your finger.
- Carefully (they are going to be hot!) remove jars from the slow cooker and set on a towel on counter-top to cool for 1 to 2 hours.
- Lightly screw lids on jars once cooled off a bit and transfer jars to the refrigerator to chill.
- Once cheesecakes are chilled you can serve and eat as is, or add a berry topping such as raspberries, strawberries or blueberries.
- 6 Quart Oval Slow Cooker
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Hand Mixer Or Stand Mixer
- Silicone Spatula
- 8 Ounce Jelly Jars
- Citrus Juicer
- Citrus Zester/Microplane
Check out these slow cooker cheesecake recipes too!
- Crock-Pot Cheesecake + Video
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Crock-Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake In A Jar
- Slow Cooker Express Crock Multi-Cooker Nutella Cheesecake + Video
- Crock-Pot Thin Mint Cheesecake
|Cheesecake Crock-Pot Recipes||Dessert Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Lemon Slow Cooker Recipes||Spring Crock-Pot Recipes|
|6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes||Summer Slow Cooker Recipes|