If you are looking for an amazing dessert recipe that you can make in your slow cooker this recipe for Crock-Pot Cheesecake is a winner every single time!
It is hard to believe that you can cook a cheesecake…a CHEESECAKE in your slow cooker but you sure can!
The key to cooking this cheesecake in your slow cooker is having a small bowl or springform pan that will fit inside of your crock. This allows you to easily remove your cheesecake from the slow cooker as well as lets you cook your cheesecake in a water bath.
In this recipe I rummaged around in my kitchen cupboards for a heat safe bowl that would fit inside of my 6 quart oval crock-pot and found one. If you do not have a bowl already this 7 Cup Pyrex Glass Bowl should work in most slow cookers. You could also use a small springform pan that you have wrapped the bottom in aluminum foil before adding to the slow cooker.
Adding water around your cheesecake while it cooks allows for plenty of moisture and prevents your cheesecake from cracking.
Once the cheesecake is done cooking allow it to cool to room temperature and then chill it in the refrigerator for several hours. When you are ready to serve just carefully remove the cheesecake from the pan and eat as is or you can top with anything your heart desires.
In the photos for this recipe I used a raspberry sauce that I made (fresh raspberries and a little sugar cooked on a pan on the stove top until the berries were juicy. I smashed the berries while they cooked with a spoon. Strained off the pulp and seeds and let it cool) and of course a few fresh raspberries for garnish.
But feel free to use canned pie filling (cherry is classic), chocolate sauce, caramel, melted Nutella…the options are endless!
- Cream Cheese – A couple of hours before starting this recipe, set the cream cheese out on the counter and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Eggs – I use large sized eggs for cooking and baking in my recipes.
- Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Graham Crackers – You will need to crush the graham crackers into crumbs. You can either whirl them in a food processor or pop them into a freezer bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Unsalted Butter – The butter will need to be melted. I just pop the butter into a small bowl and microwave it for about 20 – 30 seconds. But you can also melt it in a pan on the stove.
- Using a mixer, in a large mixing bowl mix together the cream cheese and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Add the three eggs to the cream cheese mixture one at a time, mixing well after each egg is added before adding the next egg.
- Mix in the pure vanilla extract and set cheese mixture aside while you prepare the crust.
In a separate bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter with a fork until the mixture resembles damp sand.
- Add the graham cracker crumb crust mixture to the bottom of a small heat proof bowl or small springform pan that will fit inside your 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- With a spoon or the back of a dry measuring cup press the graham crackers into the bowl or pan until you have a smooth flat layer of crust.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the top of the crust and spread it around to make a smooth layer.
- Place the cheesecake inside your slow cooker and using a liquid measuring cup or tea kettle with a spout carefully add 2 to 3 cups of water in the space between the cheesecake and the crock-pot insert making sure not to get any water on the cheesecake itself. The water level should reach half way up the side of your cheesecake.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or 2 1/2 hours or until the center of the cheesecake is no longer watery when you stick a thin knife into the center of it.
- Turn the crock-pot off and leaving the lid off let the cheesecake cool in the crock-pot for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from the slow cooker and cover with foil or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill before eating.
- Serve cheesecake plain or with your favorite fruit topping if desired.
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Hand Mixer
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Food Processor Or Rolling Pin And Freezer Bag (To Crush The Graham Crackers Crumbs)
- Silicone Spatula
- 6 Inch Springform Pan
More Cheesecake Flavors To Try:
- Crock-Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Slow Cooker Lemon Cheesecake In A Jar + Video
- Crock-Pot Express Pumpkin Cheesecake + Video
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake In A Jar + Video
- Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker Nutella Cheesecake + Video
- 35 Crock-Pot Christmas Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Readers Favorite Crock-Pot Recipes
Linked up at Eat at Home Ingredient Spotlight