This recipe for individual Crock-Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake in a jar is perfect for any fall dessert. How cute they would be at the Thanksgiving table!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake In A Jar
Confession…I have eaten three jars of these super yummy pumpkin cheesecakes in the span of 2 days…and um yeah…they are to die for! I had one lonely can of pumpkin calling my name from the pantry “Heidi….Heidi…you know you want to turn me into something yummy!“
And so I answered the call of that can of pumpkin and whipped up these as a treat for the family. Needless to say, it was a big hit with everyone!
Now, I am thinking these would be super cute for Thanksgiving to put out individual cheesecakes for dessert. Or you could even screw a lid on these jars, top them off with some pretty fabric and tie on a plastic spoon and take them in as a treat for the teachers and staff at the kids school. Or heck …bake sale even!
We have several cheesecake recipes already because…guess what? The moist cooking environment of a slow cooker is perfect for baking cheesecakes, the only downside is the size, it can be hard to find a traditional springform pan that fits the crock-pot. Lady Katie uses a bowl that fits inside her crock for her classic Crock-Pot Cheesecake (and her variations so far – Pumpkin Cheesecake & Thin Mint Cheesecake). But me, I am starting to dig the “in a jar” twist, like I did with these Lemon Cheesecakes In A Jar and I am already thinking of some variations. I just really like the individual servings of cheesecake because the kids think it is super cute to get their own jar of dessert!
So give these a try, I just KNOW they will be a hit!
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer
- 8 Ounce Jelly Canning Jars
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Can Opener
- Kitchen Towel Or Paper Towels
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
It’s easy to make your own pumpkin pie spice! Just combine the following…
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves
Store in an air tight jar or container.
Check out these popular slow cooker pumpkin recipes too!
- Crock-Pot Pumpkin Butter
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Praline Bread Pudding
- Crock-Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Crock-Pot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Crock-Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake In A Jar Recipe
- In a microwave safe bowl melt butter for 30 seconds.
- Add melted butter to gingersnap crumbs and mix together.
- Divide crumbs between 8 (8 oz.) jelly canning jars.
- Press crumbs down with fingers or spoon or something (I ended up using a clean medicine bottle that fit inside the jars). Set jars aside while you make the cheesecake filling.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling:
- With a mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix once more, scraping down sides of bowl to make sure all the cream cheese is mixed in.
- Divide cream cheese mixture evenly between the 8 jars and place inside a 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker.
- Fill bottom of slow cooker with water to reach halfway up the sides of the jars.
- Cover the top of slow cooker with a clean kitchen towel or a layer paper towels to absorb moisture and prevent water from condensing on the lid and dripping into cheesecakes and then put the lid on top of the towels.
- Cook on LOW 6 hours or HIGH 4 hours.
- Remove jars from slow cooker and let cool to room temperature and then refrigerated until chilled.
- To serve add whipped cream and a little sprinkle of gingersnap crumbs on top and enjoy!