Warm up to a hearty bowl of this yummy Crock-Pot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal for breakfast! Steel cut oats are slow cooked with pumpkin, spices and everything nice!
Crock-Pot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
The weather is starting to get colder and the leaves are starting to turn their colors. We are upon the season of bonfires and holiday get-togethers.
Every fall I gather a few pumpkins for pie making and spend a day roasting the pumpkin and pureeing the pumpkin and then freezing the pumpkin in bags. My kids love pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread and well anything that has pumpkin in it!
A friend gave me this recipe for making Crock-Pot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal. She assured me that it was delicious and I would make it more than once.
Simple recipe. Add all the ingredients to a crock-pot and then all the steel cut oats to cook. Even though the title says “oatmeal” , you need to use steel cut oats. Regular oatmeal will burn or just turn into a big pile of mush.
You need to use a slow cooker that has a WARM setting because this recipes needs to cook slowly overnight on WARM for 7 to 8 hours. Top with nuts or a little cinnamon if you like for a breakfast that will knock your pumpkin spice loving pants off!
- Steel Cut Oats – This recipe calls for steel cut oats because they need to be cooked for a long time at a low temperature to allow the oats to absorb the liquid and become soft. Perfect for slow cooking!
- Pumpkin Puree – If I have some homemade pumpkin puree on hand I like to use that in this recipe, however store bought canned pumpkin works too. Just be sure to use 100% pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling because the pie filling has spices and sugar added and it will mess up the recipe.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Vanilla Extract
- Kosher Salt
- Add all ingredients to a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on WARM for 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Tasty Slow Cooker Oatmeal Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Apple Pie for Breakfast
- Slow Cooker Gingerbread Oatmeal
- Crock-Pot Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Spiced Peaches & Cream Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Crock-Pot Banana Bread Oatmeal
|Healthy Crock-Pot Recipes||Kid Friendly Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Pumpkin Slow Cooker Recipes||Breakfast Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Crock-Pot Oatmeal Recipes||Fall Slow Cooker Recipes|