Wake up to your home smelling like apple pie & spices with this easy and oh so delicious recipe for Crock-Pot Apple Pie for Breakfast! A yummy overnight oatmeal recipe the whole family will love!
Crock-Pot Apple Pie for Breakfast
Recently we asked for some ideas of how we could celebrate a milestone of reaching 2000 fans on our Facebook page and one of the ideas given by reader Laura C. was to have a “Crock Around the Clock” day where we posted recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Well we never shy away at taking a great idea and running with it so today the Crock-Pot Ladies bring you “Crock Around The Clock” with 4 great recipes being posted throughout the day.
My contribution to the day was a breakfast recipe I adapted from this Apple Pie for Breakfast recipe on Cooking with Jax. My kids aren’t huge breakfast eaters but if I tell them they can have apple pie for breakfast, they’re all over that. This was so easy to make and I would eat this for breakfast, snack or dessert personally. Make sure you stop by later for a lunch recipe from Lady Heidi for Crock-Pot Warm Pastrami Sandwiches.
- Apples – You will need 3 medium sized apples for this recipe. Pick out your favorite type of apple.
- Apple Juice – Lending a touch of sweetness and apple flavor, apple juice is great in this recipe.
- Steel Cut Oats – Slow cooking is the perfect way to cool steel cut oats because the oats require a longer cooking time and do not turn mushy in the slow cooker. Don’t use other types of oats in this recipe as old-fashioned oatmeal and quick cooking oatmeal will turn mushy.
- Ground Cinnamon – Nothing goes better with apples than cinnamon. Use a high quality ground cinnamon for the best flavor possible.
- Honey – I only added a single tablespoon of honey to bring the sweetness level up just a touch. If you like your oatmeal sweeter feel free to use more honey. You can also use any other type of sweetener you like such as sugar, brown sugar, Stevia, Splenda, Monk Fruit, etc.
- Ground Nutmeg – Just a pinch of nutmeg is needed to really bring out that classic apple pie flavor in this oatmeal recipe.
- Add all ingredients to to a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or 2 to 3 hours on HIGH, stirring every hour or so while cooking.
- After cooking taste oatmeal and add additional honey or sweetener of your choice to sweeten to your taste preference.
More yummy oatmeal recipes:
- Crock-Pot Gingerbread Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Crock-Pot Spiced Peaches & Cream Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Crock-Pot Banana Oatmeal
|Oatmeal Crock-Pot Recipes||Breakfast Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Apple Slow Cooker Recipes||Easy Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes||Fall Slow Cooker Recipes|