Just 5 ingredients (fresh green beans, onion, garlic, chicken broth and salt) are all that is needed in this easy side dish recipe for Crock-Pot Green Beans! Your entire family will love this tasty recipe and you will love how easy it is!
Slow Cooker Green Beans
I love to have a garden. And I enjoy growing a variety of items that allow me fresh vegetables all summer long. My kids love to build bean trellis’s for the beans to grown up and to make it easier to see the beans hanging. I just love how much easier it is to pick the beans and I have more space for other vegetables.
Greens beans fresh from the garden are great in the slow cooker. Just a few other items and allow the beans to cook slowly on LOW until they are ready.
Substitutions are possible for this recipe. Canned green beans can be used in place of fresh. I would use at least three cans of beans and drain them of the water first. You can also use frozen green beans too of course, the same amount of green beans as fresh in this case.
This would make a nice addition to a meal. I know some question why you would want to cook vegetables in a crock-pot verses the stove. I can say that there are times where my stove has more pans on it then burners (or it seems like it) and using a crock-pot on a counter just makes less work for me.
- Large Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
- 3.5 Quart Crock-Pot (Or Larger)
Gluten Free | High Fiber | Low Calorie | Low Carb | Low Cholesterol | Low Fat | Low Sodium | Low Sugar | Paleo | Vegan | Vegetarian
This recipe for Crock-Pot Green Beans is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Check out these yummy slow cooker side dish recipes too!
- Crock-Pot Funeral Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Crock-Pot Easy Green Beans and Bacon + Video
- Slow Cooker Au-Gratin Potatoes
- Crock-Pot Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
- Side Dish Recipes
- Easter Recipes
- Spring Recipes
- Summer Recipes
- Thanksgiving Recipes
- 4 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 35 Crock-Pot Christmas Recipes
Crock-Pot Green Beans Recipe
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter (May Use Vegan Butter Or Olive Oil If On A Vegan Diet)
- 2 Pounds Fresh Green Beans (Washed And Trimmed (May Also Use Frozen Green Beans))
- 14.5 Ounces Chicken Broth (Canned Or Homemade Chicken Broth (May Use Vegetable Broth If Vegetarian Or Vegan))
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat saute the onions and garlic in the butter until the onions turn translucent. About 7 to 10 minutes.
- In the bottom of a 3.5 quart or larger slow cooker, add the green beans, sauteed onions and garlic and the chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Theresa Hines says
This is my first time and I trying to cook better and more often, but don’t always have to time. Since I love cooking in my slow cooker when I do cook. I figure I would give these recipes a try for me and my family
Lady Heidi says