Wake up to your home smelling like apple pie & spices with this easy and oh so delicious recipe for Crock-Pot Apple Pie for Breakfast! A yummy overnight oatmeal recipe the whole family will love!
Slow Cooker Apple Pie for Breakfast
Recently we asked for some ideas of how we could celebrate a milestone of reaching 2000 fans on our Facebook page and one of the ideas given by reader Laura C. was to have a “Crock Around the Clock” day where we posted recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Well we never shy away at taking a great idea and running with it so today the Crock-Pot Ladies bring you “Crock Around The Clock” with 4 great recipes being posted throughout the day.
My contribution to the day was a breakfast recipe I adapted from this Apple Pie for Breakfast recipe on Cooking with Jax. My kids aren’t huge breakfast eaters but if I tell them they can have apple pie for breakfast, they’re all over that. This was so easy to make and I would eat this for breakfast, snack or dessert personally. Make sure you stop by later for a lunch recipe from Lady Heidi for Crock-Pot Warm Pastrami Sandwiches.
Gluten Free | High Fiber | Low Cholesterol | Low Fat | Low Sodium | Vegetarian
This recipe for Crock-Pot Apple Pie for Breakfast is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More yummy oatmeal recipes:
- Crock-Pot Gingerbread Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Crock-Pot Spiced Peaches & Cream Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Crock-Pot Banana Oatmeal
- 35 Crock-Pot Christmas Recipes
- Breakfast Slow Cooker Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Fall Slow Cooker Recipes
Crock-Pot Apple Pie for Breakfast Recipe
- 3 Medium Apples (Diced)
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Apple Juice
- 1 Cup Steel Cut Oats
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Honey (Or More If You Want It Sweeter)
- 1 Pinch Ground Nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to to a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or 2 to 3 hours on HIGH, stirring every hour or so while cooking.
- After cooking taste oatmeal and add additional honey or sweetener of your choice to sweeten to your taste preference.
I just made this last night. I did a double batch and added brown sugar before serving. AMAZING. I let it cook for 8 hours on low. It was so good. Def doing this again!
But did you get up every hour to stir it??
Shirley Isaac says
Will it still be good if you reheat it the next day?
Crock-Pot Ladies says
Hi Shirley, you can reheat the oatmeal the next day in the microwave for quick and easy breakfast. If it seems too thick you can thin it out a little bit with water or milk.
Kat J says
Add the honey at the end as heat breaks down the good nutrients. Great recipe and so nice to wake up to this wonder dish.
Kat J says
Definitely better the next day. Before eating I add chia seeds too. (Sweet and crunchy) This is so good to add so many add-ons!