Start your morning off right with this healthy and delicious recipe for Crock-Pot Banana Oatmeal! This is creamy banana flavored oatmeal doesn’t need to cook overnight so you can start it early in the morning and have a warm hearty breakfast from start to finish in about 1 1/2 hours!
Crock-Pot Banana Oatmeal
I love a good hearty bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. There really is nothing better to start the day off right. Especially on a chilly Wyoming morning.
This recipe is perfect for using up older bananas that have started to turn brown. I don’t know about your kids, but once the banana skins start getting little brown spots my kids refuse to eat them.
While banana bread is always a standby recipe for using up over-ripe bananas. Sometimes I want to make something else with them. Something a little healthier. Something that I am not tempted to eat the whole loaf of banana bread.
Just me? Okay…
Even if you are the only one who likes to eat oatmeal this recipe is great. Because you can just put the leftovers in the refrigerator and heat them up throughout the week. I just add a splash of milk or water to loosen it up a little bit and then heat in the microwave for about a minute.
- Quick Cooking Oats – Because this recipe only needs to cook in the slow cooker for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours it is best to use quick cooking oats. However you can use old fashioned rolled oats and just increase the cooking time by about an hour.
- Milk – You can use any type of milk in this recipe. I used fat-free skim milk for calculating the nutritional information but I often make this with either plain or vanilla almond milk for those of us in my family whom are lactose intolerant.
- Bananas – You will want to “smoosh” the bananas a little bit. I peel the bananas and put them in a large cereal bowl and smash them up a little bit with the back of a fork. You still want some banana chunks.
- Brown Sugar – Either light or dark brown sugar will work. Other sweeteners such as Splenda, Agave nectar, monk fruit, stevia, etc will work too if you are watching your sugar and/or calorie intake.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Ground Nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Garnish with additional sliced bananas before serving if desired.
- 4 Quart Slow Cooker (Up To A 6 Quart Slow Cooker)
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
More Yummy Slow Cooker Breakfast Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Fully Loaded Breakfast Casserole + Video
- Slow Cooker Crustless Spinach & Feta Quiche
- Crock-Pot Pumpkin Pie Granola
- Slow Cooker Biscuit and Bacon Breakfast Casserole + Video
- Crock-Pot Maple and Pecan Granola
|Breakfast Crock-Pot Recipes||Oatmeal Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Banana Slow Cooker Recipes||Easy Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes||American Slow Cooker Recipes|