Bursting with pumpkin pie spice, pecans, pumpkin seeds and cranberries this healthy recipe for Crock-Pot Pumpkin Pie Granola is perfect for breakfast!
Crock-Pot Pumpkin Pie Granola
There is nothing I like better than a good granola and this recipe is packed with great pumpkin pie spice and a great assortment of nuts, seeds, oats and cranberries.
I could eat this straight up out of a jar as a snack all day long. But I also love it served with milk as a breakfast cereal or sprinkled over a bowl of yogurt or even ice cream!
Making your granola in your slow cooker is a different way that does not require you to heat up or use your oven but just like an oven recipe it does require a little “babysitting” as it needs to be stirred while it cooks.
Unlike cooking granola in your oven however it is harder to burn. I have had granola go from “just about there” to “oh gosh what is the smell” in a matter of minutes when making it in the oven.
That is why I prefer to cook my granola in the slow cooker….slow and low that is the way to go!
At least that is MY motto in life! 😉
- Pumpkin Puree – You can use canned 100% pure pumpkin puree OR you can make your own homemade pumpkin puree right in your slow cooker.
- Kosher Salt – I prefer to cook and bake with kosher salt but if you just have table salt you can use that too.
- Old Fashioned Rolled Oats – For this recipe use plain old fashioned rolled oats. Instant, quick cooking and steel cut oats will not work for this recipe.
- Pecans – If you are on a nut free diet feel free to skip the pecans or substitute out something like sunflower seeds.
- Shelled Pumpkin Seeds – These may also be called “Pepitas” in some grocery stores. Feel free to omit them or use shelled sunflower seeds if you cannot find pumpkin seeds.
- Sweetened Dried Cranberries – You can also use raisins, golden raisins or currents.
- Add pumpkin puree, honey, spices and salt to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and mix well.
- Add oats, pecans and pumpkin seeds and stir well to coat in pumpkin mixture.
- Cover, but prop the lid open slightly with a chopstick or wooden spoon and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours, stirring every 30 minutes to prevent granola from burning around the edges. Granola is done when no longer super sticky.
- Add dried cranberries and mix into granola.
- Pour granola out of slow cooker carefully onto a rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with parchment or wax paper and allow to fully cool.
- Store prepared granola for up to 2 weeks in an air tight container.
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Can Opener
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
Our most popular slow cooker pumpkin recipes!
- Crock-Pot Pumpkin Butter
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Praline Bread Pudding
- Crock-Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Crock-Pot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
|Pumpkin Crock-Pot Recipes||Granola Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Breakfast Slow Cooker Recipes||American Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Fall Crock-Pot Recipes||6 Quart Slow Cooker Recipes|