Serve up this amazing Crock-Pot Fully Loaded Breakfast Casserole for your next brunch. Filled with sausage, bacon, veggies & cheese this recipe is amazing!
Crock-Pot Fully Loaded Breakfast Casserole
If you are looking for an amazing breakfast casserole don’t look any further! This one is FANTASTIC!
I set out to make what I would consider the ultimate Crock-Pot Fully Loaded Breakfast Casserole. One that is loaded up with everything – bacon, cheese, potatoes, eggs, sausage, peppers, onions.
Is your mouth watering yet?
I know mine is…I want to make this again right now!
Money Saving Tip
When items like bacon, sausage, & ground beef go on sale at a really great price, stock up on a few extra packages as your budget will allow. When you get home, cook them up (dice and cook bacon, cook & crumble sausage & ground beef) and put the cooked meat in zippered freezer bags so you can easily take them out and add them to any dish requiring these items.
Here is thing with breakfast casseroles in the slow cooker though, and I know you guys hate this because we have heard it over and over again on the other breakfast casseroles we have made, they take time to cook in the crock, and that means you have to get up at the butt crack of dawn in order to get this going or eat really late in the day.
My kids are up like roosters as soon as the sun comes up and some mornings they won’t even let me get a cup of coffee in me before they want to be fed.
They are like hungry little birds sitting there with their mouths open saying “FEED ME” at first light.
So, what I do is I make this the night before, fully cook it and then toss the ceramic insert part in the fridge overnight (covered), then in the morning I can just re-heat servings either in the microwave if they want to eat NOW or in the crock-pot for oh and hour or so.
So there you have it, if you want to serve this in the early morning you have two options – get up REALLY early and get it started, or cook it the day before.
Another way we do slow cooker breakfast casseroles is as brunch after church. I toss it together in the early AM, we head off to church and come home to brunch. This works well if I already have my bacon and sausage cooked. Which I do all the time.
This recipe, as is is gluten-free (of course check the brand of sausage and potatoes you buy for hidden gluten). I make my own breakfast sausage so I know exactly what is in it. And I use Ore-Ida frozen hash brown potatoes which are also gluten-free).
No one in my family is on a gluten-free diet however so just take what I just said and use common sense to make sure none of the ingredients have gluten.
If you would like to lighten up this recipe you can substitute turkey bacon & sausage, low-fat or fat free cheese and Egg Beaters or other egg substitute product.
And of course feel free to use other veggies too. I bet you could hide some zucchini in there, if you like it spicy maybe some diced jalapeño peppers, throw in some salsa…mix it up…have fun!
- Thick Sliced Center Cut Bacon
- Breakfast Sausage – I used mild breakfast sausage. But if you like a little spice feel free to use hot breakfast sausage.
- Red Onion – Peeled and diced.
- Red Bell Peppers – Seeded and diced.
- Frozen Diced Hash Brown Potatoes
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese – I prefer to grate my own cheese whenever possible for the best flavor. But feel free to use the pre-shredded cheese if you are short on time.
- Large Eggs
- Salt And Pepper – To taste.
- Spray the insert of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker OR a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Dice bacon and cook it in a large frying pan until it is crisp and drain it on a plate lined with paper towels, set aside.
- Pour off bacon fat from pan (save it, if that is your thing).
- To the same pan add the diced onions, red bell pepper and breakfast sausage.
- Cook and crumble the sausage until it is fully cooked and no longer pink and the onions are translucent.
- In a bowl scramble 6 eggs seasoning with salt and pepper to taste (I do about 1/4 tsp pepper and just a pinch of Kosher salt)
- Add the frozen diced potato hash browns, bacon, sausage mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add 2 cups shredded cheese and pour the scrambled eggs in.
- Give everything a stir and then flatten out evenly in the slow cooker.
- Top with remainder 1 cup cheese.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 hours.
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker (Or 6 Quart Or Larger Oval Slow Cooker)
- Cutting Board
- Large Skillet
- Cheese Grater
More Great Slow Cooker Casserole Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Upside Down Taco Pie
- Slow Cooker Chicken Potato Bake
- Crock-Pot Funeral Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti
- Crock-Pot Chicken Ole Casserole
|Crock-Pot Breakfast Recipes||American Slow Cooker Recipes|
|6-Quart Slow Cooker Recipes||Crock-Pot Bacon Recipes|
|Casserole Crock-Pot Recipes||Cheesy Slow Cooker Recipes|