With 5 ingredients this easy recipe for Crock-Pot Maple and Pecan Granola is a fun way to make your own healthy granola. Sweetened with real maple syrup! Serve with milk as a breakfast cereal, sprinkle on your morning yogurt or eat out of the jar as a crunchy snack!
Crock-Pot Maple and Pecan Granola
Making your own granola in your slow cooker is a fun project and the end result is a delicious crunchy breakfast treat that you can eat with the milk of your choice (cow’s milk, almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, hemp milk, etc) or use it to top your morning yogurt.
To be honest though my favorite way to eat granola is straight from the jar as a crunchy snack!
This recipe for granola is full of crunchy pecans and is sweetened nicely with real maple syrup. Feel free to use this recipe as a base and add your favorite granola add-ins.
Suggested Granola Add-Ins:
- Dried cranberries
- Dried apples
- Walnuts, almonds, cashews or whatever your favorite nuts are
- Pumpkin or sunflower seeds
Really mix in whatever floats your boat!
When cooking granola in the slow cooker you do need to sort of watch it and give it a stir every now and then to make sure that the granola cooks evenly and does not burn along the sides or bottom. So, plan on making this granola when you have a little bit of time to “babysit” the crock.
- Old Fashioned Rolled Oats – The bulk of this granola is in old fashioned rolled oats. Do not use steel cut oats, quick oats or instant oats in this recipe.
- Pecans – You will need about 3 ounces of chopped pecans. I used a food scale to weigh out the pecans, but if you don’t have a food scale you can just chop some pecans and measure them out to about 3/4 cup. If you want more or less pecans feel free to adjust to suit your wants.
- Real Maple Syrup – The maple flavor in this granola recipe comes from using 100% pure real maple syrup. The kind that comes from maple trees. I do not recommend using artificially flavored table/pancake syrup.
- Pure Vanilla Extract – Real vanilla extract is used in this recipe. I like to make my own homemade vanilla extract because the flavor is superior over store-bought and it is cheaper to make your own too! Avoid using artificial vanilla extract if possible.
- Kosher Salt
- Add all ingredients to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker stir well making sure the maple syrup evenly coats all of the oats and pecans.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 to 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes to prevent burning and even cooking.
- Carefully pour granola out of the slow cooker onto a rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper to allow to cool.
- Granola can be stored in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
- 5 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Food Scale
- Wooden Spoon
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
Check out these popular slow cooker breakfast recipes too!
- Crock-Pot Biscuit Breakfast Casserole + Video
- Slow Cooker Blueberry Breakfast Casserole + Video
- Crock-Pot Apple Pie for Breakfast
- Slow Cooker Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
- Crock-Pot Cinnamon Sweet Roll Casserole + Video