An easy and filling Crock-Pot Cheesy Harvest Potato Chowder using Velveeta cheese and potatoes. This simple recipe cooks all day in your slow cooker while you work, shop or have some family time!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Harvest Potato Chowder
This hearty and cheesy chowder recipe was submitted to us by reader Sarah Coulter and let me tell you it is as fantastic as it sounds!
Potatoes, corn and ground beef are featured in a creamy and cheesy potato chowder that just really hits the spot on a cold and chilly day.
Grab some slices of crusty Italian or French bread so that you can sop up the cheesy broth and make this fantastic soup today!
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Large Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Can Opener
Low Calorie | Low Carb | Low Fat | Low Sugar
This recipe for Crock-Pot Cheesy Harvest Potato Chowder is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Check out these popular soup recipes too!
- Crock-Pot Potato & Kielbasa Chowder
- Slow Cooker Lobster Bisque + Video
- Crock-Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat) + Video
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crock-Pot Meatball Beef Stew + Video
Crock-Pot Cheesy Harvest Potato Chowder Recipe
- 1 Pound Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 8 Cups Diced Potatoes
- ⅓ Cup Diced Onion
- 2 Cups Corn Kernels (Frozen, Fresh or Canned)
- 29 Ounces Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (Canned Or Homemade Chicken Broth)
- 10.75 Ounces Canned Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 10 Ounces Processed American Cheese (Such As Velveeta, Cubed)
- In a large skillet on the stove-top, brown and crumble the ground beef until no longer pink, drain off excess cooking fat and add cooked meat to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.1 Pound Extra Lean Ground Beef
- Add potatoes, onion, corn, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, pepper, basil and thyme to the slow cooker and stir to combine.8 Cups Diced Potatoes –⅓ Cup Diced Onion –2 Cups Corn Kernels –29 Ounces Low-Sodium Chicken Broth –10.75 Ounces Canned Cream Of Chicken Soup –1 ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper –1 Teaspoon Dried Basil –½ Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove lid from slow cooker and add cubed cream cheese and Velveeta.8 Ounces Cream Cheese –10 Ounces Processed American Cheese
- Recover and continue cooking on low for about 30 additional minutes or until the cheeses are melted, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls and serve with crusty French or Italian bread for sopping the soup if desired.
fun size wife says
This would be a great soup to use leftover ham instead of the ground meat. Thanks for the great recipe!
Nancy Kirk says
I made this for Christmas eve dinner a couple of years ago and everyone raved. I have made it several times since and it never disappoints.
Crock-Pot Ladies says
So glad you and your Christmas Eve guests enjoyed this soup Nancy! Thanks for the review!