This recipe for Crock-Pot Getting Sauced Spaghetti Sauce is a rich and meaty homemade spaghetti sauce that the whole family will adore over pasta!
Slow Cooker Getting Sauced Spaghetti Sauce
This month I decided to take part in the Crazy Cooking Challenge where bloggers select a themed recipe from another blog, try it and share it with you and each other! This month’s theme was Spaghetti! Now I love pasta and red sauce but I have always just made my own with no real “recipe” on the stove-top. This is actually my first pasta sauce in a crock-pot so I was happy to find one prepared that way so I didn’t have to think too much. I found a great recipe from Cravings of a Lunatic that I just had to try. The name alone, Lunatic’s Getting Sauced Spaghetti Sauce intrigued me. I made a few tweaks to it but the results were still divine. I don’t think my family knew what hit them!
Check out these popular Italian slow cooker recipes!
- Crock-Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat) + Video
- Slow Cooker Pesto Chicken + Video
- Crock-Pot Chicken Brushetta Bake
- Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana
- Crock-Pot Layered Lasagna Casserole + Video
Crock-Pot Getting Sauced Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1.5 Pounds Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Pound Italian Sausage Links
- 56 Ounces Canned Whole Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Oregano
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Basil
- 2 Tablespoons Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 4 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Tubs Concentrated Beef Stock (I used Knorr Homestyle Beef Stock)
- 12 Ounces Tomato Paste
- 4 Whole Bay Leaves
- In a large skillet on the stove-top, brown and crumble the ground beef until fully cooked. Drain off excess fat and add meat to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cut Italian sausages into 1 inch pieces and add to the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, stirring every 2 hours to prevent the sauce from sticking on the sides.
- Remove bay leaves from sauce and discard.
- Serve sauce over cooked pasta or zucchini noodles (zoodles), adding freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired.