If you like the Zuppa Toscana soup at Olive Garden you are going to love this easy to prepare at home copy-cat recipe for Crock-Pot Zuppa Toscana soup!
Crock-Pot Zuppa Toscana Soup
If you like the Zuppa Toscana (Tuscan Soup) at Olive Garden you are going to LOVE this recipe that you can make at home in your slow cooker.
The recipe starts with some Italian sausage and crispy bacon that you cook on the stove-top.
Then potatoes and some other great ingredients are added to the slow cooker with the sausage. Everything is cooked in the slow cooker until the potatoes are tender and the flavors of the soup are developed.
And then…the best part of the soup… cream is added right before serving so you end up with a lovely slightly creamy (but not thick like a chowder) soup is the final result.
I often make this soup for dinner and serve it with a nice fresh green salad and a baguette of bread.
The bread is a must for my family so that they can sop up the lovely creamy broth.
- Ground Italian Sausage – You can use either sweet Italian sausage or spicy Italian sausage depending on what you prefer. My family prefers the sweet Italian sausage as that is more authentic to the Olive Garden version.
- Thick Sliced Center Cut Bacon – Center cut bacon has a little less fat in it than regular bacon so that is my preferred choice. Regular bacon will work fine though.
- Water – For a richer broth you can use more chicken broth.
- Low-Sodium Chicken Broth – I prefer to use my homemade chicken broth, but store bought works great too.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes – I prefer the color and flavor of Yukon gold potatoes but any kind of waxy potato such as red potatoes, fingerling potatoes, or new potatoes.
- Yellow Onion – I prefer to cook with a good all-purpose yellow onion. But what onions work just as well.
- Garlic – Mince your own fresh garlic whenever possible for the best garlic flavor. But if you are in a pinch for time the pre-minced garlic found at most grocery stores works fine too.
- Kale – You can also use other greens in this recipe such as Swiss chard or baby spinach.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salt And Pepper – To taste. Taste your soup before serving and just add salt and pepper as needed.
- In a large skillet on the stove-top, brown and crumble the Italian sausage. Drain off excess cooking fat. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the diced bacon until crispy. Drain off excess cooking fat. Set aside.
- Add water, chicken broth, potatoes, onion, garlic, bacon and sausage into a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the potatoes are cooked until ‘fork tender”.
- Add chopped kale and heavy whipping cream and stir to combine into soup.
- Recover slow cooker and cook for an additional 30 minutes on LOW.
- Taste soup and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Large Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Liquid Measuring Cup
More Fantastic Italian Soup Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat) + Video
- Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup
- Crock-Pot Creamy Italian Sausage Soup with Pasta
- Slow Cooker Pasta Fagoli Soup (Olive Garden Copycat Recipe)
- Crock-Pot Lasagna Soup
|Soup Crock-Pot Recipes||Italian Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Pork Slow Cooker Recipes||Italian Sausage Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Bacon Crock-Pot Recipes||Copycat Slow Cooker Recipes|