Serve this Crock-Pot Chocolate Bread Pudding with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for a great family friendly dessert!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Bread Pudding
When you have leftover day-old bread that is getting stale transform it into a decadent chocolate bread pudding with this easy recipe!
Simply cut the bread (I used sliced white bread but you can use just about any day-old bread such as French bread, wheat bread, croissants, brioche, hot dog or hamburger buns, dinner rolls etc.) into cubes or tear the bread into bite sized pieces and add them to the slow cooker along with some raisins (or other fruit).
Then make up a chocolaty custard by whisking together some eggs, milk, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla and pour it over the bread.
Cover your slow cooker and let it cook away on LOW heat for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until the custard is no longer runny.
When your bread pudding is done you can serve it warm right out of the slow cooker or let it cool to room temperature.
I like to serve each portion of bread pudding with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of a high quality vanilla bean ice cream.
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker OR 5 Quart Or Larger Slow Cooker
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
More Fantastic Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes To Try!
- Crock-Pot Sugar Cookie Party Mix
- Slow Cooker Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
- Crock-Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake In A Jar + Video
- Slow Cooker Better Than Sex Cake + Video
- Crock-Pot Lemon Cheesecake In A Jar + Video
Crock-Pot Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 5 quart or larger slow cooker OR a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker with butter or non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Add bread cubes, raisins and chocolate chips to the slow cooker.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread mixture in the slow cooker and gently toss to ensure all bread is covered in the egg mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2.5 to 3 hours.