Serve this delicious recipe for Crock-Pot Italian Wedding Soup with some warm crusty Italian bread and Parmesan cheese for a warm and hearty dinner that your family and guests will love. Miniature meatballs are simmered in a flavorful broth with healthy vegetables and little acini di pepe pasta.
Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup
There is this little Italian restaurant that was in my home town where I grew up in sunny Southern California that made an amazing Italian wedding soup. Perfect little meatballs simmered in a flavorful broth with just the right veggie, meatball, broth ratio. It was always one of my favorite soups, and was always the perfect lunch to have on a cool day, which was rare considering the location.
But now I am transplanted to Wyoming where just last week we skipped fall and went right into winter with a blizzard that dumped over two feet of snow on us. And while the snow has mostly melted the weather is definitely crisp and cool and perfect for cozying up to a bowl of soup. The hardest part of this recipe is making the meatballs. Not because they are hard to make, just a little time consuming. My husband is actually the one who made this recipe for dinner. I am one of those rare lucky ladies who’s husbands enjoy cooking and share the meal preparation just about 50/50 with me. I am blessed. And I hope you will be blessed too when you taste this amazing soup!
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Cutting Board
- Cheese Grater
This recipe for Crock-Pot Italian Wedding Soup is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Slow Cooker Italian Soups To Try!
- Crock-Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat) + Video
- Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup
- Crock-Pot Lasagna Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Minestrone Soup
- Crock-Pot Easy Pizza Soup
Crock-Pot Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
- 1 Pound Extra Lean Ground Beef (Or Ground Turkey)
- 1 Large Egg (Slightly Beaten)
- ¼ Cup Seasoned Italian Breadcrumbs
- ¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Italian Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¾ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper (Divided)
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 6 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (Store Bought Or Homemade)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Peeled And Diced)
- 4 Medium Carrots (Peeled And Diced)
- 2 Stalks Celery (Diced)
- 2 Whole Bay Leaves
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Cups Escarole
- ¼ Cup Acini di Pepe Pasta
- In a medium bowl combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, oregano, basil, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper & Parmesan cheese until well mixed.
- Form meat mixture into very small meatballs.
- Place meatballs on cookie sheets and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine add the chicken broth, onions, carrots, celery, bay leaves, garlic and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Gently add chilled meatballs to the soup mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 – 7 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add acini di pepe pasta and escarole to the soup and cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on HIGH.
- Serve in bowls topped with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.