Apple cider and cinnamon sticks are simmered in the slow cooker and then added to Everclear or Vodka in this recipe for Crock-Pot Apple Pie Moonshine. Delicious flavored adult beverage that is perfect for fall and winter sipping!
Slow Cooker Apple Pie Moonshine
In my husbands family this recipe for Crock-Pot Apple Pie Moonshine is a traditional Christmas Eve beverage. My husbands grandfather has made this mixed drink, or flavored beverage, for years and all the men in the family sit and gather in the basement laughing, telling jokes and sipping on this drink.
It is also given as gifts to all the adults in the family so that we all can sip and savor it all year long.
Once the jars are open you can keep this drink in the refrigerator to drink cold (I think it tastes better cold) and will last all year long (or longer).
Please remember that this is a strong alcoholic adult beverage and it goes without saying that you should keep it away from children and of course, drink responsibly.
Our family uses Everclear which is 195 proof (95% alcohol) which means it is STRONG. Everclear is not always available everywhere, so if you cannot find it at your local liquor store then feel free to use another strong proof alcohol such as vodka.
This recipe makes about 105 shot sized servings. And are these Mason Jar Shot Glasses are PERFECT for serving in!
Equipment Needed For Slow Cooker Apple Pie Moonshine:
Frequently Asked Questions
Because you are not distilling moonshine in your slow cooker this recipe is not true moonshine. Instead you are flavoring a strong distilled spirit to make a highly alcoholic flavored cocktail.
In some states in the US and some countries Everclear is not available. If you do not have access to moonshine or Everclear then we suggest using a high proof vodka.
When stores in a dark cool place this apple pie moonshine will store for many years. The high alcohol content makes it hard to spoil. You will drink it before it goes bad.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Apple Pie Moonshine is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More moonshine recipes you don’t want to miss!
Crock-Pot Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- Add apple cider and cinnamon sticks to a 5-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Turn off slow cooker and allow the cider to cool to room temperature.
- Once the apple cider is cooled to room temperature. open the lid and add the Everclear (or vodka if using).
- Ladle apple pie moonshine into five clean 1-quart canning jars (or bottles of your choice) and place lids and rings on just until finger tight.
- Let the jars sit in a cool dark place for 30 days to allow the alcohol to take the flavor of the cider.
- This is shelf stable and can be kept on the counter, or if you prefer it chilled, in the refrigerator.