If you are looking for a great adult beverage that you can give as a gift, take to a party or just sip on at home, look no further than this popular recipe for Crock-Pot Cherry Pie Moonshine! With just 4 ingredients you can easily make this flavored alcoholic beverage at home right in your slow cooker!
Slow Cooker Cherry Pie Moonshine
I love sipping on a glass of this cherry pie moonshine after a long hot summer day. I add some ice to a cocktail glass and pour some of the cherry flavored moonshine over the ice and just sip away while relaxing on the front porch.
Because this recipe uses canned cherries you can easily make this adult beverage any time of the year.
Give yourself plenty of time to make this because for the best flavor profile you are going to want to let the slow cooker cherry moonshine sit and rest for several weeks. This allows the cherry flavor to really infiltrate the alcohol and let things mellow just a bit.
Don’t get me wrong though, this is a potent drink! As I mentioned, it is great straight up over ice but you can also add it to cocktails for mixed drinks. Basically any recipe that calls for vodka and would be good with a cherry flavor will work!
I found the cans of Cherries in Heavy Syrup in by the pie fillings section of the grocery store. Not every store carries this and it took a couple of stores before I found them. The cherry juice was another issue in finding it. I finally found an organic cherry juice.
If you make your own juices and can your own fruit, that would work too.
Grain alcohol is sold locally as Everclear. It is 190 proof and carries quite the punch. If you choose not to use grain alcohol you can use vodka instead. The taste is pretty similar and vodka does not have quite as much proof.
You can drink this Cherry Pie Moonshine immediately, or allow it to sit in the refrigerator or on a shelf for 2 or more weeks. The longer it sits, the better the flavor. Strain out the cherries before you drink it…but do not throw them away! The cherries will have a high alcohol content and are tasty! It is shelf stable so there is no need to seal the canning jars or worry about the liquid going bad.
This is one of those recipes that is fun to make and bring to a gathering. It is an adult beverage so drink responsibly!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Cherry Pie Moonshine is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Check out these slow cooker moonshine recipes too!
- Slow Cooker Lemonade Moonshine
- Crock-Pot Pineapple Moonshine + Video
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Moonshine
- Crock-Pot Apple Pie Moonshine + Video
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Moonshine
Crock-Pot Cherry Pie Moonshine Recipe
- Add the canned cherries (with juice from the cans), sugar and cherry juice to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and briefly stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 to 2 hours or until all of the sugar is dissolved and the liquid is hot.
- Turn slow cooker off and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, pour in the grain alcohol (or vodka if using) and stir to combine.
- Moonshine can be drunk right away but the flavor is better if stored in a dark cool place for 2 or more weeks.