Apple cider and cinnamon sticks are simmered in the slow cooker and then added to Everclear or Vodka in this recipe for Crock-Pot Apple Pie Moonshine. Delicious flavored adult beverage that is perfect for fall and winter sipping!
Crock-Pot Apple Pie Moonshine
In my husbands family this recipe for Crock-Pot Apple Pie Moonshine is a traditional Christmas Eve beverage. My husbands grandfather has made this mixed drink, or flavored beverage, for years and all the men in the family sit and gather in the basement laughing, telling jokes and sipping on this drink.
It is also given as gifts to all the adults in the family so that we all can sip and savor it all year long.
Once the jars are open you can keep this drink in the refrigerator to drink cold (I think it tastes better cold) and will last all year long (or longer).
Please remember that this is a strong alcoholic adult beverage and it goes without saying that you should keep it away from children and of course, drink responsibly.
Our family uses Everclear which is 195 proof (95% alcohol) which means it is STRONG. Everclear is not always available everywhere, so if you cannot find it at your local liquor store then feel free to use another strong proof alcohol such as vodka.
This recipe makes about 105 shot sized servings. And are these Mason Jar Shot Glasses are PERFECT for serving in!
- Apple Cider – You will need a gallon of apple cider for this recipe. Apple cider in the United States is a different product than what you will find in the United Kingdom. In the US apple cider is just apple juice that has been minimally processed. While in the UK apple cider is a fermented alcoholic beverage. A product we here in the US call “hard apple cider”. In this recipe you want to use the un-fermented non-alcoholic apple cider or apple juice because it is sweeter and you are already going to be adding some strong alcohol to the recipe!
- Cinnamon Sticks – Whole cinnamon sticks are going to be simmered away in the apple cider in your slow cooker. for quite a long time to really impart a nice cinnamon spice flavor to the cider. If you want to play with the flavor profile of your finished moonshine you can add other warm type whole spices like a couple cloves, nutmeg, cardamon, etc.
- Everclear Grain Alcohol or Vodka – For the best results Everclear is the brand of spirits you want to look for because it is 190 proof and the closest you can get to distilled moonshine. Moonshine and Everclear however is regulated in many states here in the US (California, Florida, Maine, Massachusetts, Hawaii, Iowa, Michigan, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Washington, North Carolina, New Hampshire and Minnesota) because of that crazy high alcohol content. That is why, if you cannot buy Everclear or other high proof grain alcohol in your location you can use a good quality vodka in this recipe instead.
- Add apple cider and cinnamon sticks to a 5-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Turn off slow cooker and allow the cider to cool to room temperature.
- Once the apple cider is cooled to room temperature. open the lid and add the Everclear (or vodka if using).
- Ladle apple pie moonshine into five clean 1-quart canning jars (or bottles of your choice) and place lids and rings on just until finger tight.
- Let the jars sit in a cool dark place for 30 days to allow the alcohol to take the flavor of the cider.
- This is shelf stable and can be kept on the counter, or if you prefer it chilled, in the refrigerator.
More moonshine recipes you don’t want to miss!
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Moonshine
- Crock-Pot Pineapple Moonshine
- Slow Cooker Lemonade Moonshine
- Crock-Pot Cherry Pie Moonshine
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Moonshine
- Crock-Pot Strawberry Rhubarb
|Slow Cooker Beverage Recipes||5 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Crock-Pot Apple Recipes||Fall Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Slow Cooker Moonshine Recipes||Apple Cider Crock-Pot Recipes|