Make this Crock-Pot Low Carb Meatloaf it’s cheesy, savory and gluten free too! A delicious, moist tasty meatloaf that’s easy to make and nutritious.
Slow Cooker Low Carb Meatloaf
We have been making some dietary changes for the adults in my family so I needed to come up with a way to make meatloaf without using grains like bread crumbs or oatmeal as it pushes the carbs too high. This recipe for low carb meatloaf cooked in the slow cooker turned out to be an excellent change and you would never know it’s missing the carbs.
If you are on a gluten free diet this recipe can work for you too. Just be sure to read your labels to make sure there is no hidden gluten. Paying particular attention to your garlic powder and shredded Parmesan if you are buying it pre-shredded. Both of these items can sometimes contain anti-caking products that may contain gluten.
This recipe is basically using the grated Parmesan cheese as a substitute of the normal bread crumbs used in most meatloaf recipes. You can use Parmesan cheese in the plastic tub/containers, fresh shredded or fresh flaked Parmesan. Parmesan gives a fabulous flavor along with the cheddar cheese chunks.
I used 2 pounds of extra lean ground beef but you can also use ground chicken, turkey or sausage or a mix of them. You will either need a loaf pan that can fit in your crock or an aluminum version that will fit.
This will not taste like a diet type food. It was savory and delicious. My family really enjoyed it and I will be making it again. Meatloaf is perfectly made in the slow cooker because it keeps it so moist, versus a tendency to dry out in the oven.
This recipe is easily changed to what your family prefers and enjoy so mix up that meat and cheese to what your family loves.
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Loaf Pan
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Cheese Grater
- Cutting Board
- Aluminum Foil
- Meat Thermometer
This recipe for Crock-Pot Low Carb Meatloaf is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More tasty low carb slow cooker recipes!
- Crock-Pot Crab Rangoon Dip + Video
- Slow Cooker Hot Chicken Salad
- Crock-Pot Lobster Bisque + Video
- Slow Cooker Ranch Mushrooms
- Crock-Pot Pesto Chicken + Video
Crock-Pot Low Carb Meatloaf Recipe
For Serving (Optional)
- Prepare a loaf pan that will fit inside a 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients except the cheddar cheese and the ketchup. Carefully mix the ingredients with your hands being careful not to over mix.
- Add the cheddar cheese and carefully mix in.
- Scoop the meatloaf mixture into the loaf pan and shape into a loaf shape.
- Spread the low sugar ketchup evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
- Using aluminum foil… cut long sheets of the foil, fold in half long wise and then crisscross them in the slow cooker insert so when you place the loaf pan in you’ll be able to pull the foil carefully at the ends as a handle to transfer the loaf pan out of the crock.
- Place the loaf pan in, and carefully roll the top of the foil over so it won’t be in the way of the meatloaf.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 8 hours or 4 to 6 hours on HIGH or until a meat thermometer reads 160° F (72° C).
- Using hot pads, carefully remove the loaf pan from the slow cooker using the foil handles and place on a heatproof surface. All the meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.