A great adult beverage made in the slow cooker this recipe for Crock-Pot Lemonade Moonshine is simple & easy to make. A great crowd pleaser!
Crock-Pot Lemonade Moonshine
With all the talk with the Apple Pie Moonshine, I was asked for recipes for a few others. One of which was Crock-Pot Lemonade Moonshine.
The addition of the lemon zest adds a ton of great lemon flavor while the lemon juice gives this a nice tart lemon flavor.
Everclear is a pure grain alcohol and is pretty strong. If your area does not sell this type of alcohol (Everclear is restricted in some areas of the United States), or if you prefer to use something not as strong, use vodka instead. The end result is still a flavorful lemonade alcoholic drink.
Using vodka will result in a beverage that is closer to the classic Italian liqueur Limoncello.
Because you can find fresh lemons at the grocery store pretty much all year long this recipe can be made any time of year. But I find it a wonderful spring or summer beverage because nothing says warm weather than some tasty lemonade with a kick.
This recipe makes about 32 shots if you want to drink it as a straight up shot. But you can also add the lemonade moonshine to cocktail recipes.
A Few Cocktail Ideas To Use Crock-Pot Lemonade Moonshine:
- Refreshing Mint Lemonade – In a large glass muddle 4 or 5 fresh mint leaves, fill cup 3/4 of the way full with ice and add 1 shot of slow cooker lemonade moonshine to the glass. Top glass with homemade lemonade and enjoy!
- Very Berry Strawberry Lemonade Daiquiri – In the jar of a blender add 16 ounces frozen strawberries, add 3 to 4 shots of slow cooker lemonade moonshine and blend until smooth and frosty. Note: You can use other berries such as raspberries or blackberries but strawberry and lemon is a classic flavor combination and one of my favorites!
- Citrus Cooler – Fill a highball glass half full with ice and add 1 ounce lemonade moonshine, 3 ounces orange juice and a splash of lime juice.
- Lemons – You will need both the zest and juice of 2 lemons. The lemon juice adds that nice tart flavor of lemonade while the zest is full of natural lemon oils that really add a deeper lemon flavor!
- Granulated Sugar – This is just regular white sugar which adds sweetness to the lemonade moonshine.
- 190 Proof Everclear Grain Alcohol – For the most authentic moonshine flavor you will want to use a high proof grain alcohol such as Everclear. However, Everclear is not available to be sold in some states, so if you cannot find Everclear where you live you can use a good quality vodka.
- In a 6 quart or larger slow cooker add the water, lemon juice and sugar.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for two hours.
- Unplug slow cooker and allow mixture to cool until room temperature.
- Once liquid is cooled, strain mixture through a fine meshed strainer to remove the lemon zest.
- Add 2 cups Everclear grain alcohol or vodka and stir to combine.
- Fill canning jars with liquid and place a lid and ring on jars.
- Allow jars to sit at room temperature for at least 30 days before drinking to allow the flavors to mellow and develop.
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Zester (AKA Microplane)
- Citrus Juicer
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Canning Jars
Check Out These Flavored Moonshine Recipes Too:
- Crock-Pot Apple Pie Moonshine + Video
- Slow Cooker Cherry Pie Moonshine + Video
- Crock-Pot Pineapple Moonshine + Video
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Moonshine
- Crock-Pot Pumpkin Pie Moonshine
|Moonshine Crock-Pot Recipes||Beverage Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Lemon Slow Cooker Recipes||5 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Summer Crock-Pot Recipes||Spring Slow Cooker Recipes|