With just 3 ingredients & a box of carrot cake mix you can create a dessert your family is going to love with this tasty Crock-Pot Carrot Cake Dump Cake! Top each serving with whipped cream or drizzle with cream cheese icing! YUMMY!
Slow Cooker Carrot Cake Dump Cake
I happen to really love crockpot dump cakes because of how EASY they are to make. Most of them have just a handful of ingredients and start with a box of cake mix which I like to buy when they go on sale at the grocery store and have on hand.
Carrot cake is actually one of my favorite cake flavors and so a carrot cake dump cake seemed like the perfect cake to add to our collection of dump cake recipes.
This recipe starts with a can of pineapple tidbits with the juice from the can. Then just a little bit of sugar is sprinkled on the pineapple.
Then the star of the recipe..a box of carrot cake mix is dumped on top of the pineapple and sugar. I used a box of Betty Crocker Super Moist Carrot Cake Mix because that is what I had on hand. But of course you can use your favorite brand.
And yes, the instructions are correct, you are just going to add the DRY cake mix to the slow cooker. You don’t make the cake mix with water, oil and eggs like the instructions on the box says. Just add the dry mix.
Lastly you are going to melt 2 cups (2 sticks) of unsalted butter in either the microwave in a small bowl or in a small pan on the stove-top. And then you are going to pour that melted butter over the dry cake mix as evenly as possible.
Now it is time to cook it. To prevent moisture from dripping down on your carrot cake as it bakes you want to put a layer of paper towels or a clean thin kitchen towel (I use a flour sack towel) between the slow cooker insert and the lid.
Next, just flip your slow cooker to HIGH heat and let it cook for about 2 hours.
I prefer to eat this carrot dump cake at room temperature, so I remove the lid, turn the slow cooker off and let it cool. But if the smell of this amazing cake is making you too hungry to wait you can just eat it hot.
To serve, just spoon the cake onto a plate or into a bowl and dig in. If you want to take your cake up a notch, a dollop of whipped cream is amazing or make a thin cream cheese icing and drizzle that over the top.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Carrot Cake Dump Cake Recipe:
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker OR 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart, 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Can Opener
- Measuring Spoons
- Microwave Safe Bowl OR Small Saucepan
Frequently Asked Questions
While the cake bakes in the slow cooker the moisture from the pineapple and juices from the can and the melted butter seep into the dry cake mix and cooks the cake mix. The finished result will be more of a cobbler texture rather than a fluffy cake that you can cut. But it is still delicious and amazing!
If you would like you can add chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts are traditional for carrot cakes), shredded coconut, and/or raisins. You want to add 1 cup or less of nuts, coconut or raisins to the top of the pineapple before the dry cake mix.
While we have not personally tested this recipe using a gluten free carrot cake mix we have heard from several of our readers over the course of the years that they have had good success substituting gluten free cake mixes for the traditional cake mixes used in our dump cake recipes. So go ahead, give it a try. It should work!
More Slow Cooker Dump Cake Recipes To Try!
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Easter Recipes
- Spring Recipes
Crock-Pot Carrot Cake Dump Cake Recipe
- Add pineapple tidbits (with the juice from the can) to the bottom of a 3.5 quart casserole crock-pot OR a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the sugar evenly on top of the pineapple.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly on top of the sugar.
- Carefully pour the melted butter evenly over the top of the dry cake mix.
- Place a layer of paper towels or a clean flour sack kitchen towel between the lid of the slow cooker and the cooking insert.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Eat the carrot cake warm from the slow cooker or allow to cool. Serve with freshly whipped cream, whipped topping or drizzle with cream cheese icing.