Just 5 simple ingredients and you have this deliciously simple recipe for Crock-Pot Apple Dump Cake. Perfect for a cool fall day when you are craving something sweet!
Slow Cooker Apple Dump Cake
This recipe for Crock-Pot Apple Pie Dump Cake was shared to me by my uncle and it really has to be one of the easiest slow cooker dessert recipes I have ever made. Not to mention the tastiest too.
It really just hits the spot on any day when you want a little something sweet. You can make this recipe any time of the year really, but I think it just hits the spot on a crisp autumn day. Something about apples & slow cookers just make you feel comfy cozy and all those warm and fuzzy feelings!
And talk about simple… as the name suggests you just dump everything in the crockpot and turn it on and let it go. When it’s done, scoop some out and maybe top with a scoop or two of ice cream.
Everything is better with ice cream right?
Or whipped cream, that will work too!
No matter how you top your Apple Pie Dump Cake (or if you like to leave it plain that’s OK too) it will be amazing!
Give this easy Slow Cooker Apple Pie Dump Cake a try, you won’t be disappointed!
5 Ingredients Slow Cooker Apple Dump Cake
Yes you read that right! This recipe only calls for 5 simple ingredients:
- Canned Apple Pie Filling
- Boxed Yellow Cake Mix
- Ground Cinnamon
- Granulated Sugar
- Melted Butter
And that is it!
Crock-Pot Apple Dump Cake Recipe
- Empty the can of apple pie filling into the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker OR a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker and spread evenly over the bottom.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar evenly over the pie filling.
- Next, sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of the pie filling.
- Lastly, pour the melted butter evenly over the top of the dry cake mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2.5 hours.
- The middle of the dump cake will be moist and sticky but not totally liquid.
- To serve, spoon dump cake into a bowl and eat plain or top with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.