The perfect side dish recipe for any meal including holiday meals, this recipe for Crock-Pot Express Honey Cinnamon Carrots come out sweet and tender!
Pressure Cooker Honey Cinnamon Carrots
With just 5 ingredients (plus water and salt) this super EASY side dish recipe transforms baby carrots into tender and sweet little nuggets of goodness. Cooked in the Crock-Pot Express Muli-Cooker and then glazed in honey, cinnamon and just a touch of butter these carrots are perfection!
Whether you are looking for a veggie side dish for your weeknight dinner or something that will impress guests at a holiday meal like Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter, these baby carrots will fit that bill.
And if getting your kids to eat their veggies is a struggle. Give this recipe a try. Because, somehow adding honey and cinnamon makes these carrots into a sweet treat that I think even the pickiest of eaters might enjoy!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Express Honey Cinnamon Carrots Recipe:
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily use sliced carrots instead of baby carrots in this recipe. To swap out sliced carrots, simply wash and peel 2 pounds of whole regular sized carrots and slice them with a knife into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices and cook per the instructions in the recipe.
If you have leftover cooked carrots you can easily store them in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. Simply store the leftover carrots in an airtight container and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop to serve.
If you are out of honey and want to use sugar instead simply swap out the honey for a 1/4 cup of either white granulate sugar or light or dark brown sugar. To prevent graininess from the sugar crystals add an extra tablespoon or two of water to the butter/sugar/cinnamon mixture and stir until the sugar is well dissolved.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Express Honey Cinnamon Carrots is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Great Side Dishes To Try!
Crock-Pot Express Honey Cinnamon Carrots Recipe
- Add baby carrots and water into your Crock-Pot Express insert.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the salt and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on and lock into place, making sure the vent is sealed.
- Set on MANURAL, HIGH PRESSURE, for 2 minutes. Press start.
- Allow approximately 25 minutes for the Crock-Pot Express to come to pressure and start cooking.
- When the time is done, do a quick release, making sure to stay clear of the hot steam.
- Carefully remove lid and set aside.
- Strain the water off the carrots in a colander in the sink and then place carrots back into the insert.
- Add the melted butter, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the carrots and stir to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!