Serve this Crock-Pot Express Mexican Elote Corn Salad either hot or cold and savor the flavor of Mexican street corn any day of the week!
Pressure Cooker Mexican Elote Corn Salad
Growing up in Southern California I used to love the street vendors at various fairs, carnivals and swap meets that would sell Mexican street corn (AKA Elote).
Freshly roasted corn on the cob that was slathered in mayonnaise, sprinkled with chili powder and salty cojita cheese and then you squeezed lime juice all over it before sinking your teeth into it.
Oh my yum!
The flavors in this Mexican Elote Corn Salad is a reminder of those flavors and is super easy to make right in your Crock-Pot Express Multi-Cooker (or InstaPot!)
You can serve this Elote salad either hot or cold as a side dish and you don’t need fresh corn so that means you can make it year-around!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Express Mexican Elote Corn Salad Recipe:
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Express
- Wooden Spoon
- Can Opener
- Cutting Board
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
Frequently Asked Questions
You can serve this Elote Salad either hot or cold. If you are serving it hot go ahead and add the cojita cheese and cilantro right before serving it. But if you want to serve it cold, refrigerate it for about 6 hours (or longer) until fully chilled. Then, add the cheese and cilantro right before serving. Or, you can serve it hot one day and eat leftovers cold the next day.
Shoepeg corn is a sweet mildly flavored white corn that usually features narrow, small corn kernels that are packed on the cob tightly. This type of corn dates back to the American Civil War era and is pretty hard to find fresh unless you grow it yourself in your home garden. However it is pretty easily found canned. If you cannot find canned shoepeg corn go ahead and use regular canned corn.
Cojita cheese is a salty and crumbly cheese that is used in many traditional Mexican and Mexican inspired savory dishes. It is a cows milk cheese that is named after the town Cojita in the Mexican state of Michoacán. The color of the cheese is white and it has a strong salty yet milky flavor.
Cojita cheese can be found in most major grocery stores in the cheese aisle but may be seperated by the fresh Mexican foods like fresca crema, cook-at-home tortillas and fresh pico de gallo.
If you cannot find Cojita cheese you can use Anejo (another dry Mexican cheese) or finely crumbled queso fresco (a fresh Mexican fresh cheese). If you don’t have access to any of these delicious Mexican cheeses you can use Feta cheese, Parmesan cheese or Romano cheese.
Gluten Free | Low Calorie | Low Fat | Low Sugar | Vegetarian
This recipe for Crock-Pot Express Mexican Elote Corn Salad is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Great Crock-Pot Express Side Dish Recipes!
Crock-Pot Express Honey Cinnamon Carrots
The perfect side dish recipe for any meal including holiday meals, this recipe for Pressure Cooker Honey Cinnamon Carrots come out sweet and tender!
Crock-Pot Express Pumpkin Mac N Cheese
The perfect fall entrée or side dish, this recipe for Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Mac N Cheese is super tasty and easy to make too!
Crock-Pot Express White Rice
Learn how to make perfectly fluffy Pressure Cooker White Rice with this simple recipe! No more undercooked or burnt rice!
Crock-Pot Express Loaded Mashed Potatoes + Video
With this recipe for Pressure Cooker Loaded Mashed Potatoes you can cook the bacon & potatoes in one great appliance. Perfect for dinner or holiday!
Crock-Pot Express Mexican Elote Corn Salad Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 10 Ounces Frozen Corn Kernels
- 22 Ounces Canned White Shoepeg Corn (Drained (Two 11 Ounce Cans))
- 14.25 Ounces Canned Cream Corn
- 1 Cup Diced Red Onion (Divided)
- 1 Medium Fresh Jalapeño Pepper (Seeds Removed And Diced)
- ¼ Cup Water
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese (Softened)
- ½ Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro (Plus More For Garnish)
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- ½ Cup Cojita Cheese
- Add butter to the insert of your Crock-Pot Express pressure cooker and push the SAUTE button.
- Let the butter melt, then add the bag of frozen corn. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon to prevent burning.
- Add 1/2 cup of the diced red onion and the diced jalapeno pepper and cook for an additional minute or two, stirring every so often.
- Add in the drained shoepeg corn, cream corn, water, paprika, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker and lock it into place.
- Close the steam vent.
- Press the MANUAL butter, set it to HIGH pressure for 2 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure by carefully turning the vent to release the steam.
- Open the lid and stir in the cream cheese until it is all melted.
- Mix in the lime juice, remaining 1/2 cup of diced red onion and 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- If serving hot: Spoon the mixture into a serving bowl, top wit cojita cheese and more cilantro for garnish.
- If serving cold: Spoon the mixture into a serving bowl, cover bowl with plastic wrap or lid and place in the refrigerator for 6 hours (or overnight) until well chilled. Stir in cojita cheese and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply