Topped with cheese and crushed potato chips this yummy Crock-Pot Chicken Noodle Casserole is baked in a casserole slow cooker. A great comfort food for dinner any night of the week!
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Casserole
If you have cooked chicken, either from leftovers or a store-bought rotisserie chicken or a rotisserie chicken you made yourself, and need a great comforting recipe to use up that chicken then you are going to want to try this amazing chicken noodle casserole recipe today!
This creamy casserole is topped with cheese and crushed potato chips and is just oh so yummy!
I baked the casserole in my Casserole Crock-Pot but you can use a 6 quart or larger oval or round one too!
Give this yummy casserole a try for dinner this week!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipe:
- Large Pasta Pot With Strainer
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Can Opener
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use whatever brand of potato chip that you like. To be honest, I usually just grab a bag of Lay’s potato chips or the store-brand equivalent to use as a casserole topping. But if you have a favorite brand of potato chip go ahead and use that. I also use plain potato chips but if you want to add another flavor profile to your casserole feel free to experiment with flavored potato chips. I think sour cream and onion or cheddar flavored chips would be pretty tasty!
If potato chips are no your thing feel free to use dried bread crumbs tossed in some melted butter. Use 1 cup plain or seasoned bread crumbs and 1 tablespoons melted butter. Mix those two ingredients together and sprinkle over the top of your casserole.
You can use any type of cooked chicken. It can be white meat chicken or dark meat chicken or a combination of the two. You can buy your chicken at the grocery store in the form of a whole rotisserie chicken or just the meat from a rotisserie chicken from your grocery stores’ deli. You can cook a whole chicken or just some chicken breasts in your slow cooker the day before.
In a pinch you could even use canned chicken.
More CrockPot Casseroles To Try!
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipe
- In a large stock pot on the stove-top, cook the egg noodles according to the directions on the package until just al dente. Drain in a colander.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the noodles with the remaining ingredients except for 1 cup of shredded cheese and crushed potato chips.
- Spray the insert of a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 6 quart or larger slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add mixed ingredients and spread evenly in the slow cooker.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese and crushed potato chips.
- Place a layer of paper towels or a clean flour sack kitchen towel between the slow cooker and the lid to prevent condensation from dripping on top of the casserole.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 Hours Or On LOW For 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!