This recipe for Crock-Pot Upside Down Taco Pie is yummy & frugal too. Taco seasoned hamburger is topped with a Bisquick crust & baked in the slow cooker!
Slow Cooker Upside Down Taco Pie
Yummy taco seasoned meat, cheese and other fixin’s are layered in your slow cooker and topped with a Bisquick crust on top and baked in the slow cooker. Spoon into bowls and top with additional cheese and toppings if desired.
A great frugal recipe that everyone in the whole family will love!
In this recipe I used my 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker but you can also use a 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker.
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker OR 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Large Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Cheese Grater
- Small Mixing Bowl
This recipe for Crock-Pot Upside Down Taco Pie is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More yummy ground beef recipes:
- Crock-Pot Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
- Crock-Pot Meat Loaf
- Slow Cooker Creamy Southwest Beef Burritos
- Crock-Pot Taco Bake
Crock-Pot Upside Down Taco Pie Recipe
- In a large skillet on the stove-top, cook the ground beef with the diced onions, brown and crumble the beef while cooking. Drain off excess fat.
- Add taco seasoning, salsa and diced tomatoes. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Remove lid from slow cooker and sprinkle shredded cheese evenly on top of meat mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the Bisquick baking mix and milk until there are no lumps and evenly spread the batter over the top of the meat mixture in the slow cooker.
- Recover and cook for an additional 30 to 45 minutes or until the Bisquick topping is cooked through.