Everyone at the potluck will be asking you for the recipe for this Crock-Pot Hawaiian Haystacks. Take to a party or make for dinner at home for the family! Creamy chicken is served over rice and everyone adds their favorite toppings for a versatile meal everyone can enjoy!
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Haystacks
This recipe for Hawaiian Haystacks is an older classic recipe that I like to make and bring to a church potluck. I make up the chicken mixture in my slow cooker and bring it to the potluck along with some cooked white rice and a great selection of toppings.
By setting out several toppings, guests can then can build their own haystacks just the way they want by getting themselves some rice, spooning some of the creamy chicken mixture over top and then adding whatever toppings they want.
Some of my favorite Hawaiian Haystack Toppings:
This is always a favorite and I am often asked for the recipe several times by the time the potluck is over.
At a potluck, people usually get smaller servings then they would get if eating something as a main dish. Guests usually try and get a small spoonful of everything offered at the potluck. So this recipe as written serves 8 people as the main course. But will serve closer to 16 to 20 people at a potluck. If you are serving more feel free to double the recipe.
Hawaiian haystacks are also a big hit at home too with my family. I think it is because the kids can personalize their haystacks however they want. My son loves to add hot sauce to his and my daughter likes to top hers with sweet chili sauce!
More Hawaiian Inspired Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken
- Crock-Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs + Video
- Crock-Pot Hawaiian Pork
- Slow Cooker Aloha Chicken
Crock-Pot Hawaiian Haystacks Recipe
- 3 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (Or Thighs)
- 21 Ounces Canned Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 1 ½ Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (Store Bought Or Homemade Chicken Broth)
- 1 Small Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 1 Teaspoon Mrs. Dash Herb And Garlic Seasoning
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese (Cut Into Cubes)
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Paprika
- Place the chicken in a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the chicken cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, diced onion and Mrs. Dash to the top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat for 6 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken pieces from the slow cooker and place them on a plate.
- Add the cream cheese cubes back into the slow cooker, recover and let the cream cheese soften on the LOW setting.
- Shred the chicken meat and add it into the sauce mixture in the slow cooker stirring well to make sure the sauce is nice and creamy and all of the cream cheese has melted.
- Taste the chicken mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish the top of the chicken mixture with the ground paprika.
- Set out cooked rice and allow people to make bowls with the chicken mixture spooned over the rice.
- Set out bowls of the various toppings and allow people to add their favorite toppings to their haystacks.
- Eat and enjoy!