Learn how to make white rice in your slow cooker with this super easy recipe for Crock-Pot White Rice. The perfect side dish for so many meals!
Slow Cooker White Rice
I love to serve rice as a side dish, but I have a confession to make, I ALWAYS burn the rice when I make it on the stove top.
So I decided to give it a try in my slow cooker and boy was I pleasantly surprised that it came out fantastically perfect.
- Dry White Rice – I like to use a medium grain white rice but this recipe works with any sort of white rice. From short grain sticky rice, jasmine rice, basmati rice, etc.
- Butter – Just a teaspoon to butter the sides of the slow cooker. And if you are vegetarian or vegan you can use any approved oil or butter substitute.
- Salt – Just a dash. Adding a little salt to the rice gives it just a little bit more flavor.
- Water – You can also use chicken broth which also adds a little flavor.
And that my friends is all you need to make perfectly cooked rice in your slow cooker.
Oh sure…you could cook your rice in a rice cooker…but that is just another appliance that ends up taking up space. And you know our philosophy…if you can make it in the crock-pot…why not!
To make this recipe it could not be any easier…rinse your rice in some water to remove the extra starch (totally optional) and then place the rice, water and salt in a buttered 3-quart crock-pot. Let it cook on low for a good 8 hours and give a quick fluff with a fork for perfect tender rice. How simple is that I ask you? No watching a pot of rice on the stove. No worries about the rice over cooking and sticking to your pan.
Give it a try, I promise you will love it!
This recipe for Crock-Pot White Rice is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Easy Crock-Pot Recipes:
- Slow Cooker BIG POT of Baked Beans
- Crock-Pot Easy Taco Dip
- Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Dip
- Crock-Pot BBQ Pork Ribs
- Slow Cooker Pork Loin Roast with Potatoes
Crock-Pot White Rice Recipe
- To prevent the rice from sticking, coat the bottom and sides of a 3 to 4 quart slow cooker insert lightly with butter (or vegetable oil).
- Rinse rice by adding it to a bowl and adding cool water, swirl the rice around in the water and then drain off the excess water.
- Add the rinsed rice, water and salt to the buttered slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.