The perfect fall entrée or side dish, this recipe for Crock-Pot Express Pumpkin Mac N Cheese is super tasty and easy to make too!
Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Mac N Cheese
Are you looking for a great savory pumpkin recipe that you can make in your Crock-Pot Express pressure cooker (or other brand of electric pressure cooker)?
Then this perfect-for-fall recipe for Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese is going to really hit the spot.
There is just a handful of ingredients (7 if you don’t count water, salt and pepper) and the result is this fantastic cheesy macaroni and cheese with just a little hint of pumpkin.
It’s a great way to sneak in some hidden vitamins and fiber into your meals and the kids are not even going to notice the pumpkin in in there! Promise!
This cheesy macaroni and cheese dish works great as a main dish or as a side dish that is perfect any day of the week.
But we also think it would be a fun addition to your Thanksgiving table too!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Express Pumpkin Mac N Cheese Recipe:
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Express Multi-Cooker
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Cheese Grater
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoon
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have pumpkin puree that you have made yourself you can of course use that instead of the canned variety. And if you want to learn how to make your own pumpkin puree we have a recipe for that!
Crock-Pot Basic Pumpkin Puree
To make this pumpkin macaroni and cheese dairy free go ahead and substitute the milk for your preferred unsweetened and unflavored dairy free milk alternative (almond milk, soy milk, hemp milk, oat milk, etc). And substitute out the cheddar cheese for your favorite brand of dairy free vegan cheddar style shreds (we like Daiya brand).
If cheddar cheese is not your favorite have no fear there are other types of cheese that will work in this recipe too!
– Colby Jack
– Monterey Jack
– Pepper Jack
And feel free to combine a few different types of cheese too!
While we have not personally tested this recipe using gluten free pasta, we have had good luck using Barilla gluten free pasta in other pressure cooker and slow cooker recipes without the pasta breaking down and turning to mush.
If you test this recipe using gluten free pasta be sure to come back and leave a comment to let us what what brand you used and how it turned out for you and we will update this FAQ!
Low Calorie | Low Carb | Low Fat | Low Sugar | Vegetarian
More Crock-Pot Express Side Dish Recipes!
Crock-Pot Express Honey Cinnamon Carrots
The perfect side dish recipe for any meal including holiday meals, this recipe for Pressure Cooker Honey Cinnamon Carrots come out sweet and tender!
Crock-Pot Express Mexican Elote Corn Salad
Serve this Pressure Cooker Mexican Elote Corn Salad either hot or cold and savor the flavor of Mexican street corn any day of the week!
Crock-Pot Express White Rice
Learn how to make perfectly fluffy Pressure Cooker White Rice with this simple recipe! No more undercooked or burnt rice!
Crock-Pot Express Crock Loaded Mashed Potatoes + Video
With this recipe for Pressure Cooker Crock Loaded Mashed Potatoes you can cook the bacon & potatoes in one great appliance. Perfect for dinner or holiday!
Crock-Pot Express Pumpkin Mac N Cheese Recipe
- 1 Pound Dry Small Shells Pasta (Or Elbow Macaroni)
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ⅔ Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree (Or Homemade Pumpkin Puree)
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped Fresh Parsley (For Garnish (Optional))
- In a 6 quart or larger Crock-Pot Express, add the pasta, water, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine.
- Close and lock the lid, making sure the vent is set to sealing.
- Set on MANUAL, HIGH pressure, for 4 minutes and then, press START.
- When the time is up, carefully move the valve to venting to allow a quick release of pressure. Being careful to stay clear of the hot steam.
- When all pressure is released, carefully remove the lid and set aside. Press STOP on the pressure cooker. The pasta will be al dente.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree and milk.
- Press the SAUTE button and press START.
- Cook until the sauce has thickened and the pasta is fully tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Press STOP and add in the cheese, stirring until all the cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with fresh chopped parsley if desired and enjoy!
Leave a Reply