Serve this easy to make dessert warm straight out of the slow cooker topped with vanilla ice cream. Apples, pecans and spices make this recipe for Crock-Pot Apple Pecan Dump Cake the perfect dessert any night of the week!
Slow Cooker Apple Pecan Dump Cake
This fantastic dessert recipe is full of all those yummy warm Autumn & Winter flavors that I just love. With warm apples and pecans combined with a lovely yellow butter cake mix and classic spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
I love how easy slow cooker dump cakes are to make, and this apple pecan version is super easy too!
You can eat this dessert warm straight out of the slow cooker or allow it to cool to room temperature before serving.
I personally prefer to eat it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top so that the ice cream melts all over.
More tasty Slow Cooker Dump Cake Recipes:
- Crock-Pot Chocolate Cherry Cola Dump Cake + Video
- Slow Cooker Cherry Dump Cake
- Crock-Pot Apple Dump Cake
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Crock-Pot Pineapple Dump Cake
Crock-Pot Apple Pecan Dump Cake Recipe
- 40 Ounces Canned Apple Pie Filling
- 1 Box Yellow Butter Cake Mix
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1 ½ Cups Chopped Pecans
- ¾ Cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- In a greased 5 to 6 quart slow cooker, add the apple pie filling.
- Spread the pie filling evenly along the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix the spices.
- Sprinkle the spice mix on top of the apple pie filling.
- Add the dry cake mix next evenly over the top of the spices.
- Add the melted butter in spoonfuls over the top of the dry cake mix. You want this to cover the top of the dry mix.
- Sprinkle the pecans on top of the butter evenly.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1.5 to 2 hours.
A Amato says
Do u think I could use fresh apples in place of the pie filling?
Lady Katie says
YES!! that is what I did. If you look in the area next to the actual recipe, I have the recipe I used for fresh apples. Apples are ripe for the picking right now!!
I’m trying this now and my top isn’t browning and there’s red specks in it….I didn’t use anything red so could it be the butter?
Lady Heidi says
The red specks might be the cinnamon in your cake mix.
I don’t see how to fresh apples??
Crock-Pot Ladies says
To use fresh apples in this recipe just cut your apples and season to your liking with a little sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. It will turn out fantastic.
I absolutely need to try this RIGHT NOW. I love apples, pecans, and cake, so clearly, this is right up my alley! Saving this recipe for the next time I’m around a Crock-Pot! Thanks, Katie!
love this idea of making a cake in a crock pot.
This will come in handy while using our camper. Most campgrounds have electric hookup at camper sites.