Turn fresh summer peaches into a delicious sauce that glazes delicious tender pork chops cooked in this recipe for Crock-Pot Peachy Pork Chops. A perfect dinner for any busy summer day!
Slow Cooker Peachy Pork Chops
This recipe for Crock-Pot Peachy Pork Chops came about because I had a plethora of ripe, delicious peaches on my peach tree and I needed to come up with ways to use them up.
For the last few years my family has really struggled with our peach tree. Last year we had to pick most of our peaches before they were ripe or even near ripe because the branches were so heavy with fruit that the branches were breaking.
The year before I had to strip the tree bare of perfectly ripe peaches because they were being devoured by Japanese beetles. That was so heart breaking…plus there was the “bonus” of gathering a few buckets of the beetles….yuck.
And the year before that, there was a drought and nothing survived.
So after a few pitiful peach years, we are excited to have a plentiful year again!
So to pull this recipe off you’ll need some fresh peaches, that you can put in a food processor, blender or an immersion blender (one of my favorite tools!). I personally used this immersion blender to blend the peaches into a nice peach puree.
Then you are going to braise the pork chops on the stove top and then crock. First you fry the chops on both sides for a few minutes. Next you’ll be coating with your peach sauce. Finally you’ll add an extra sauce on top of the chops in the crock-pot. It doesn’t take long to cook. I served the pork chops with white rice and some fresh veggies.
My family enjoyed the meal and were pleased the next day that we had leftovers.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Peachy Pork Chops is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
You are going to love these pork chop recipes too:
- Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops
- Crock-Pot Peach Whiskey Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Pork Chops
- Crock-Pot Creamy Italian Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Bourbon Apple Pork Chops
Crock-Pot Peachy Pork Chops Recipe
- Add the onion, ketchup, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce, salt, garlic salt, and ginger to the peach puree and whisk together to make the sauce. Set aside.
- Working in batches so as to not overcrowd the pan, pour a small amount of olive oil in a large skillet that has been heated to medium-low heat. Place the pork chops in the frying pan and cook approximately 3 to 5 minutes per side or until the chops are slightly browned on each side but still pink inside.
- As the chops are browning carefully pull out your finished ones with tongs and place in a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- After all of your pork chops have been browned and are in the slow cooker, add the sauce to the top of the pork chops and using your tongs, toss the pork chops to coat them on all sides in the sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours. Test a pork chop to make sure it is no longer pink inside or when a meat thermometer reaches 145° F.