This recipe for Crock-Pot Sloppy Joes is a huge hit with everyone in the family (including the kids)! The flavor is better than what you will find in a can!
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
Sloppy Joes are always a classic and a big hit with my kids. But forget about using a can of Manwich because these homemade sloppy joes taste about 100 times better than any sauce you can get from a can!
I like to make a double or even a triple batch of these sloppy joes and freeze the meat in freezer bags once cooked. That way when I know I have a busy day I can just quickly thaw the sloppy joe meat and reheat it up on the stove top and make delicious sandwiches for dinner.
Having pre-cooked freezer meal type ingredients on hand really helps my food budget because I can batch cook when ground beef is on sale and I can buy in bulk AND knowing that I have easy re-heatable meals on hand means I am less inclined to order take-out when we have a super crazy busy day!
While you do need to cook the hamburger on the stove-top (along with the bell peppers and onions) the benefits of cooking the sloppy joe meat mixture in the slow cooker is that it really allows the flavors to meld together.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Sloppy Joes is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Check out these other kid friendly recipes too!
- Crock-Pot Cheeseburger Joes
- Crock-Pot Corn Dog and Beans Casserole
- Crock-Pot Sweet Sloppy Joes
- Crock-Pot Pizza Pasta Casserole
- Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Ranch Tater Tot Casserole + Video
Crock-Pot Sloppy Joes Recipe
- In a large skillet on the stove-top cook and crumble the ground beef along with the onion and bell pepper until the ground beef is no longer pink.
- Drain ground beef mixture and add to a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve Sloppy Joe meat mixture on your favorite hamburger buns or rolls (using gluten free buns if you are on a GF diet)