Just 3 ingredients (chickpeas, olive oil & salt) & you have a tasty & healthy snack with this recipe for Crock-Pot Roasted Garbanzo Beans! So yummy & easy!
Slow Cooker Roasted Garbanzo Beans
Are you looking for a healthy snack and that you can make in your slow cooker? Look no further than this EASY recipe for roasted garbanzo beans.
The recipe starts with canned garbanzo beans (also known as chickpeas) and that you drain and rinse well. Add some olive oil and salt and let your slow cooker roast the beans until they are crispy.
This is a basic roasted chickpea recipe that can easily be adapted with other spices and herbs to make different flavors. Try adding a pinch or two of garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, oregano, or whatever you want to make this yummy snack your own!
If you want to cook your garbanzo beans from the dried beans state and skip using canned beans check out our recipe for Crock-Pot Basic Beans which will give you the basics on how to cook dried beans in your slow cooker.
- 5 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Can Opener
- Kitchen Towel OR Paper Towels
- Gallon Sized Food Storage Bag
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
This recipe for Crock-Pot Roasted Garbanzo Beans is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Roasted Garbanzo Beans Recipe
- Drain liquid off of beans and rinse well under cool water in a colander in the sink.
- Spread beans on clean kitchen towel or a layer or two of paper towels and pat the beans well to remove excess moisture.
- Remove and discard any “skins” that come off the beans.
- Add beans, olive oil and salt to plastic zippered food storage bag. Seal the bag and rub the beans to coat them in the oil and salt.
- Empty the bag of beans into the bottom of a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Spread cooked beans on a rimmed baking sheet and allow to cool completely before storing in an air tight container.